Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Bubble Bobble
You pressed the buttons in a coded way to get all of the power-ups at the start of the game. This was a huge urban legend that no one really believed.

I was badly addicted to Bubble Bobble and a friend and I would play it after school at the local variety store. We walked in one day and there was a kid playing who knew the code! It was unbelievable! He taught us the code and we committed it to memory and passed it along to every other Bubble Bobble player that we came across. Keep in mind, this was the '80s, long long long before the internet and word of mouth was the only way this secret was passed around. I don't think any other coin-op game did this but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU