Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Nah, he just whines and spouts gibberish from a teenager's half-assed theory of comedy. I guess it's kinda funny, in a "kid with the helmet can't open his juice box" way.

But back to the topic of movie reviews: Isn't caring about stuff the worst, you guys? And having thoughts and opinions? And like, expressing them? As if it's a reviewer's job to tell people what they thought of the movie they saw, amirite?

Gawrsh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
Well, for one, that's not even the actual cast of Duck Tales

A Keg fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 2, 2014

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

tehloki posted:

is there a FYADcyclopedia or something where I can look up why everybody is terrible, I am always forgetting. Like I thought the hair sniffer was also loosechanj

There can be more than one hair sniffing blogger mod

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Sir Kodiak posted:

Sure, I thought that was assumed at this point. It's just funny to watch people fawning over such an incompetent takedown of it. Like, take this poo poo:

The quoted complaint is that the Boxtrolls are sidelined despite being "the film's most interesting element." It's explicitly pointed out that "this wouldn't matter if Eggs was an interesting protagonist." There's plenty to go after in the review that doesn't require you to misread it.

hmm the guy whose entire post history is comic book movie threads could be right or maybe he could be a really big loser with idiot fag tendencies, who knows

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
first they came for the childrens animated movies
then they came for the superhero movies
and that's basically all the movie genres that i can think of

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

James Hardon posted:

I agree with Black Bones, the guy who, as a quick glance at the first page of his post history reveals, really likes talking about Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars and how proud he is of the Venture Brothers t-shirt he paid money to buy and likely wears in public a few times a week. Honestly if you don't have the reading comprehension necessary to understand CR maybe you should go back to Reddit.

That said, excellent work as always this week by the staff. The Gone Girl review (http://www.somethingawful.com/current-movie-reviews/gone-girl-annabelle/1/) was particularly illuminating. I constantly try to explain to people that David Fincher is a hack PUA MRA misogynist but no one believes me. The review said exactly what I've been thinking in the elegant manner we've all come to expect. I was invited to see the film this past Friday and let's just say I'm glad I stayed home and watched the entire Honey, I Shrunk the Kids series instead.

Does Rosamund Pike's character actually lie about getting raped by a wine bottle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

quote:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Go gently caress yourself ralp

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread