Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

kru posted:

post more ridiculous hollyoaks plot lines

They killed off a character and then brought him back as a ghost once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

wickles posted:

If you haven't seen his new DVD - Stewart Lee: If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One and are a Lee fan you're in for a treat! Can't wait for his new BBC series next year either.

That's the one with pear cider (made with 100% real pear(s)) right? Saw that one live, it was loving stunning.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Fatkraken posted:

That's the one with pear cider (made with 100% real pear(s)) right? Saw that one live, it was loving stunning.
yep, I also saw it live and it was indeed stunning

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Paperhouse posted:

yep, I also saw it live and it was indeed stunning

Is that what I was getting the piss taken out of me for?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

ibroxmassive posted:

Is that what I was getting the piss taken out of me for?
I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about sorry

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Ratjaculation posted:

I think that Paul should become the host and they should get someone far less Daily Mail than Ian "I don't understand football - look at audience, lean head" Hislop to replace Paul as team captain.

Stewart Lee - but he hates doing panel shows

Ollie from the Thick of It would be perfect (I've forgotten his real name!)

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

More importantly, isn't this the one with his ten minute rant about how he wished Richard Hammond had died, described in graphic detail? Possibly the greatest piece of Mail-bait I've heard a comedian do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Padje posted:

Ollie from the Thick of It would be perfect (I've forgotten his real name!)

Chris Addison.

Has the BBC decided Andy Zaltzman has "a face for radio"? Why is he never on the panel shows? Think he'd be good in place of Merton.

Bishy
May 2, 2003

Come on now Master Eugene

Afterdark posted:

Looking good, first look at the Top Gear ep as well and had to giggle like an idiot at Hammonds face with the reveal.

I can't watch Top Gear these days. It's so contrived and fake.

slotbadger
Jul 19, 2007
hey deadhead - take a bite of peach.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Chris Addison.

Has the BBC decided Andy Zaltzman has "a face for radio"? Why is he never on the panel shows? Think he'd be good in place of Merton.

Chris Addison and Andy Zaltzman currently do an excellent news show for Radio 5, along with thread-confirmed goon-totty Sarah Millican. It is called "Seven Day Sunday". You should all go get the podcast.

slotbadger fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 6, 2010

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bishy posted:

I can't watch Top Gear these days. It's so contrived and fake.

It's been contrived and fake for the last 5 series. Still funny, though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

slotbadger posted:

Chris Addison and Andy Zaltzman currently do an excellent news show for Radio 5, along with thread-confirmed goon-totty Sarah Millican. It is called "Seven Day Sunday". You should all go get the podcast.

I already do, it's was what I was mostly thinking of since he get's to do radio work quite a bit, he's been on radio 4 a bit too.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's been contrived and fake for the last 5 series. Still funny, though.

It's a lot worse now than it used to be. It's like they don't believe it themselves any longer.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I enjoy Top Gear, but to me it really just boils down to slightly amusing middle aged blokes driving all sorts of cars.

I guess this series of Peepshow isn't that enjoyable for some at all?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

It's a lot worse now than it used to be. It's like they don't believe it themselves any longer.

They stopped making any attempt to actually be factual and informative in favour of just arsing about in cars.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

SeanBeansShako posted:

It has a unique thread maybe people post in that, like with X-Factor?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Taear posted:

It has a unique thread maybe people post in that, like with X-Factor?

Never knew, I rarely venture out from my control panel subscribed threads.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

SeanBeansShako posted:

I enjoy Top Gear, but to me it really just boils down to slightly amusing middle aged blokes driving all sorts of cars.

If you mean because nobody is talking about it in here, that's because it has its own thread. And for what it's worth I thought the most recent episode was excellent

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
Peep Show is one f those progrmas that I catch occasionally and when I'm watching it think 'This is really good, I should really watch this all the time' but then forget to watch again until I am flicking channels and it happens to be on. Maybe I'll ask for the box set for Christmas and catch up.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Taear posted:

Look at the Top Gear website, there is an outtake interview were they basically say they try and keep a fine line between informative and entertaining. They had one ropy session a few ago but over wise it keeps getting better and better. One thing you cant say is that they dont put the effort in but in that interview Clarkson came out and said he likes the joint decision to tone down certain parts.
Also it exported to just under a hundred countries with a few of them buying rights to make there own variants, its a entertainment show featuring cars, not a car show and lets face it, rather top gear then some of the over shite thats on tv currently.

Also tram crash tonight! Really looking forward to seeing how they make an electric tram explode into a fireball:

heliovich
Nov 6, 2007
have a golden manbaby

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Peep Show is one f those progrmas that I catch occasionally and when I'm watching it think 'This is really good, I should really watch this all the time' but then forget to watch again until I am flicking channels and it happens to be on. Maybe I'll ask for the box set for Christmas and catch up.

Don't, unless you're not from the UK, you can watch all of it on Youtube or 4OD for free.

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg

slotbadger posted:

Thanks for this. As a Bugler I'm assuming this is right up my street.

Andy Zaltzman's radio work always seems to be great. I really loved a short-lived (2 series, I think) sitcom type show he did with Chris Addison and John Oliver on Radio 4 called The Department, and the even shorter lived (hopefully to be revived in 2012) Yes, It's The Ashes on Radio 5.

If you have even a passing interest in cricket I'd suggest giving his weekly column a look.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hello is this 999? Yeah there's been an explosion and a tram crash, we're going to need some hysterically bad acting STAT.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Well, Corrie was fun. I was in tears laughing as Rita was killed by a cascade of weighed sweeties. Those loving midget gems are deadly.

To be honest, it reminded me of nothing so much as the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Who else is dead then?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So glad I'm not the only one crying from laughter at Corrie.

Vequeth
Jul 12, 2008

eating only apples posted:

So glad I'm not the only one crying from laughter at Corrie.

You mean you werent laughing at panorama trying to interview a WoW nerd as he was playing?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Vequeth posted:

You mean you werent laughing at panorama trying to interview a WoW nerd as he was playing?

NOT TO BE RUDE BUT I'M DYING A LOT HERE :stare::stare::stare::stare:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It literally ended just after the tram crashed which was 2 seconds after the explosion so don't think anyone died onscreen apart from some bint who got a hammer in the back of the head. I think it's on every night this week with a live one on Thursday so the magic has only just begun.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Who else is dead then?

Do I need to spoiler? Oh well, better safe than sorry.

This is mostly my specualtion, but Rita, Kevin, that moppett that Steve McDonald purchased, Peter Barlow, and Nick Tilsley. I wouldn't mind someone locking Gail into a burning cupboard.

Now, we have Corrie Come dine with me, with the utter oval office ( met him in a pub pretending he was summat when hes nowt!) Ken Morley aka Reg Holdsworth, hero of uni students in the late eighties.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 6, 2010

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Fantastic! wasn't expecting it to be that good, I was crying from laughter from the absurdity of it but at least it didn't end up like the brookside helicopter crash.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbue9d_brookside-helicopter-crash_shortfilms

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Trickjaw posted:

Well, Corrie was fun. I was in tears laughing as Rita was killed by a cascade of weighed sweeties. Those loving midget gems are deadly.

To be honest, it reminded me of nothing so much as the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.

Wha...haha...what? Please let this be on YouTube. Did no one realise there is no way for that to not be funny?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Afterdark posted:

Fantastic! wasn't expecting it to be that good, I was crying from laughter from the absurdity of it but at least it didn't end up like the brookside helicopter crash.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbue9d_brookside-helicopter-crash_shortfilms

How many times was there a police siege and/or explosion on Brookside? Seems like it happened at least four or five times.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wha...haha...what? Please let this be on YouTube. Did no one realise there is no way for that to not be funny?

The best bit by far was Richard Hillman rising out of the rubble with glowing red eyes

In my own mind, that is

loving hell, how Ken Morley isn't on the sex offenders register is a mystery for greater minds than mine.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Vequeth posted:

He just did not give a poo poo, it was glorious

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
The effects on Corrie tonight were piss poor, it looked like stopmotion from the 60's. Also, Daybreak had clips which spoiled this week Sunita dies, and I think Steve and Becky's baby dies too, as well as two other people. Come Dine With Me was great tonight, Ken Morley is hilarious, even if he is an obvious sex pest. The final night was a bit weird with the orange muscled chap and Bet Lynch with a whip.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Vequeth posted:

Really? I know what I'm watching on iPlayer later.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I hope the tram conductor wins a BAFTA because that was some amazing button pushing.

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

The effects on Corrie tonight were piss poor, it looked like stopmotion from the 60's.
I remember reading somewhere that it cost around a million pounds. Whether that means the stunt, the scene, the episode, whatever, I'm not sure.

A million pounds.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Some Strange Flea posted:

I hope the tram conductor wins a BAFTA because that was some amazing button pushing.
I remember reading somewhere that it cost around a million pounds. Whether that means the stunt, the scene, the episode, whatever, I'm not sure.

A million pounds.

Have you seen how much pic n' mix cost these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
For a soap it was good, wouldn't consider it piss poor.

yeh that big red headed woman and the conductor, well.....