Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Taear posted:

Her constantly giving up on tasks really early is definitely making people not like her. Hopefully it isn't doing it to everyone, but I've seen loads of negativity.

I'm a Celebrity isn't that bad for stuff like that. Don't get me wrong - there's loads of people in there to further their careers, it's just not like Big Brother or something.

This is the problem with positive voting though. You're voting to save, not voting to get rid of.
Noel's lovely so he doesn't get people ringing to save him, so he leaves.

At least it means that the most boring people leave too.

I like Anne, and the others in camp seem to like her, but the more tasks they do the more out of place she's getting. I hate to say it, but her being as overweight as she is really fucks her up for anything that's physical.

She seems to know it too and I feel bad for her because it can't be easy. She clearly wants to do more, but can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
People Just Do Nothing is having a cracking final series and I am sad we're not talking about it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven't seen last nights yet, but yeah it's been a good series so far. The 2nd episode was a bit much, bouncing between Beats at uni and Miche trying to split up Angel and her friend was just punches in the guts with no breaks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The music video stuff in episode 3 is solid gold though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, and they put up the video to Heart Monitor Riddem on YT the next day if you didn't spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw9Q5FcUVjY

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steves continues to be the best part of PJDN. Gonna miss it when it's done, it's so good.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DrVenkman posted:

I like Anne, and the others in camp seem to like her, but the more tasks they do the more out of place she's getting. I hate to say it, but her being as overweight as she is really fucks her up for anything that's physical.

She seems to know it too and I feel bad for her because it can't be easy. She clearly wants to do more, but can't.

I found it really weird when Dec and Holly were making fun of "Anne is ruled out on medical grounds".

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Taear posted:

I found it really weird when Dec and Holly were making fun of "Anne is ruled out on medical grounds".

Haven't done that in a while now though, I think they probably got told off. That said, it was kind of the elephant in the room, so at least they acknowledged it.

On one hand, it seems kind of unfair that someone can go on and be ruled out of most of the worst bits. But on the other hand, I guess it would be ableist to not let them on the show.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

That said, it was kind of the elephant in the room, so at least they acknowledged it.

Bad analogy choice there bud

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

It was a really good season, I don't think I've ever seen it be so "nice".
I hope Holly stays on but I guess that's not happening.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Anyone watch that bbc documentary about the Dubai princess? I thought it was very good

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Probably asked this before, but did anyone watch those "Britannia" pop culture documentaries the BBC did about 10 years ago?

I've found Heavy Metal Britannia on YouTube (in its entirety, from the looks of it) and I remember it being great. Blues Britannia was also good. Reggae Britannia was mostly good but they paid far too much attention to the Clash. Soul Britannia inflicted Mick Hucknall on its viewers which was annoying because Mick Hucknall was never soulful and Simply Red was never cool; however, they had Kevin Rowland on too, who in my opinion was a much more legitimate soul boy than Hucknall. That's just my view, though, you might completely disagree.

There was also a Comics Britannia which I've seen a bit of but never all of it.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Sounds like this BBC / Netflix adaptation of Watership Down is going to be pretty bad

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Taear posted:

It was a really good season, I don't think I've ever seen it be so "nice".
I hope Holly stays on but I guess that's not happening.

Yeah it was weird to see a celebrity reality show that wasn't so overtly about celebrity. There were no Big Brother style meltdowns and everyone seemed to get along well, which was nice to see.

It would be nice to see Holly stay on because she has great chemistry with Dec. There's the usual tabloid stuff about how execs are demanding she returns and honestly I don't think it would be the worst thing to happen.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah it was weird to see a celebrity reality show that wasn't so overtly about celebrity. There were no Big Brother style meltdowns and everyone seemed to get along well, which was nice to see.

It would be nice to see Holly stay on because she has great chemistry with Dec. There's the usual tabloid stuff about how execs are demanding she returns and honestly I don't think it would be the worst thing to happen.

I'd genuinely feel bad for Ant and it would be weird. I can see why they'd not keep her.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm sure I read they we're talking about having Ant, Dec and Holly next year.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I'm sure I read they we're talking about having Ant, Dec and Holly next year.

Private Eye joked it's either this or having Ant as a contestant...

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
drat, latest episode of PJDN was miserable. Although Steves and Chabuddy getting hosed up was funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know it's the final series, but yeah it's been such a downer. It has to end on an upswing, but jeez it's been hard work at times getting there.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

The Perfect Element posted:

drat, latest episode of PJDN was miserable. Although Steves and Chabuddy getting hosed up was funny.

They nailed the sort of bullshit you talk while on coke. I want a spin off series with the two of them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Should be one more sort of epilogue or final episode now still right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, the finale is on Monday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh my god, this looks terrible. Malkovich is some bonkers casting, and that accent is truly woeful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-JnLcOuqro

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
All of John Malkovich’s accents are terrible.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Malkovitchs' French sounds like Tim Currys' German :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZczseYnlYZc&t=29s

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I've loved the new PJDN season. Yeah, it's depressing, but there's been some proper great moments (Grindah in the skinny jeans cracked me up)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The_Doctor posted:

Oh my god, this looks terrible. Malkovich is some bonkers casting, and that accent is truly woeful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-JnLcOuqro

Didn't they already do this one with Suchet?

(I don't remember.)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't they already do this one with Suchet?

(I don't remember.)

Suchet has done every Poirot story. This was one of the first Big Ones they did with him, I think.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Sally4Ever on Sky Atlantic was sure loving depressing. Julia Davis is really funny but she likes making a world where everyone is horrible.
It felt like they were going in for a twist where the therapist and doctor weren't real but it never happened.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

“I got Craig on this leg too, it’s why it took so long”

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

“I got Craig on this leg too, it’s why it took so long”

Absolutely floored me, so perfect.

Gonna miss PJDN, but what a finale.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Same, I weirdly also want a TECH HEAD wallpaper too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Watched Masterchef The Professionals for the first time this series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice to see people being given the time, space and opportunity to do something well.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

Watched Masterchef The Professionals for the first time this series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice to see people being given the time, space and opportunity to do something well.

Yeah it was great. I was shocked when Matthew failed to get to the final three, but the standard was so high this year.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

HappyCamperGL posted:

Yeah it was great. I was shocked when Matthew failed to get to the final three, but the standard was so high this year.

They seemed to make a decision based on that one last dish because on the strength of past performance he should have been there ahead of weird rubber face Dean. Which is the opposite of what Bake Off did.

Having said that, Laurence was always going to be the winner.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

HappyCamperGL posted:

Aw loving hell thanks for the spoilers there.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
THE CALGON ADVERT IS BACK ON TV.

Washing machineeees live longer with Caaalgon!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

crispix posted:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/BBCRadMac/status/1076139804922990595

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

crispix posted:

Is this a thing ?