Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
I just caught the end of Eastenders before QI, why on Earth would you get back inside a stopped car on a level crossing? :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

All Watched Over was fantastic, as expected. Agreed on the music being brilliant too, can't wait for the next two.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Kerbtree posted:

Hah! You think it's more Children of Earth, don't you?

It's baffling how well Children of Earth turned out given the dross that preceded it and how poo poo this looks. Shame though, cos it's a decent premise.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, British one is too, I want to get onto US-Flix. Just not sure if it's worth extra money on top of the Netflix fee, when I could just use spotflux and sacrifice internet speed.

What's really great is that it lets you pick a region to 'be in', and certain regions outside the US have even better stuff. For instance Brazil has all the Bond movies up to Quantum of Solace, and Canada seems to get new releases a little earlier. It's definitely worth it to me.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

I thought Misfits was pretty great, with some hilarious lines, though rape being the solution to the problem of the week made me seriously uncomfortable even if it was played for laughs.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Also the episode established it had to be unprotected sex.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Rarity posted:

Everyone needs to shut the hell up and appreciate that last night's Misfits involved a Satanist Scout troupe :stare:

And a woman who can knit the future, which seems like a rather delayed take on Heroes' Isaac, complete with the same special effect for the eyes.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Taff posted:

I'll post in it if someone makes it, as long as people dont spend the whole season debating if Rudy is a lovely Nathan rip off

I still like the show and if episode 1 was anything to go by I'm sure there'll be lots to discuss, so I'll echo that sentiment.

Also the Rudys are awesome and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

UnquietDream posted:

They're also the station that aired Orphan Black in the UK, which it should be said, is a bloody awesome show.

Orphan Black is really awesome, and BBC 3 is also home to my guilty pleasures when I fancy something really trashy (Don't Tell The Bride, Young, Dumb & Living Off Mum, etc). Also some of those Stacey Dooley docus are alright once in a while.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

reality_groove posted:

I love it when Stacey Dooley goes and interviews a bunch of 18 year old Brits on holiday in a hot Mediterranean country and is shocked that they drink to excess and have promiscuous unprotected sex. What were you expecting Stacey?

I think she's trying to do Louis Theroux's naïve shtick, because otherwise she does come off pretty easily amazed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Taff posted:

It makes me sad when theres no comments on Misfits in here.

We have a thread for that!