Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mellomeh posted:

Did anyone watch Flowers? Wonderful show - probably the best thing C4's aired since Black Mirror.

I tried this from your recommendation, and ended up watching the entire series in one evening, thank you. I think it's the best thing I've seen in years. I hope there's a second series at least. I feel like getting my old Jam DVD out now too.

Does anyone know if there'll be a third series of Detectorists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh Matilda how I've missed you. :love: :swoon:

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think there's a wildcard through to the grand final, as in the judges pick the best losing finalist. So we might see Thor again.

Also I read about Diotoir they applied for entry but BBC ignored them. Shame, I wanted to see some fiery fur. :kingsley:

Konsek fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 15, 2016

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Prince Among Men was Chris Barrie as a retired footballer. It was bad.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I only recently discovered There's No Such Thing As A Fish and have been listening to an episode a day. So good.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Benedict Cumberbatch isn't even fit to smoke Jeremy Brett's clay pipe. Brett's Sherlock had a personality with that perfect bipolar mix of morosity and manic flamboyance.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought that was the Daily Star.

Both.

Image of Charlotte Church at 15 alongside outrage at the Brass Eye Paedophile special.

That's Daily Star, but the Daily Mail has had all sorts of similar stuff too like Kendall Jenner at 16.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 16, 2017

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think I hate every single character in Back.

Apart from Geoff maybe.

Konsek fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 13, 2017

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BSam posted:

Really enjoyed the latest season of Red Dwarf. I feel like it remembered why people liked it in the first place.

and then in the last two episodes threw in some shameless fanservice, but i loved it, so whatevr.

Rondette posted:

Let me guess, Ace Rimmer and Dwayne Dibbley?

No they didn't come into it at all. I totally expected them to go down the Ace Rimmer road in episode six and it went in a different direction. Still fanservicey, but I think they did it well, and that bit only lasted a few minutes anyway. I liked what they did.

I really think this is the best since series VI. Each episode is actually memorable which I haven't really felt since Rob Grant left. Not too many of the repetitive jokes or jokes that last too long which Naylor seemed to have a habit of doing in the past. I had a lot of belly laughs with this one.

Rondette posted:

Also, Robot Wars..

Matilda :love: :killdozer:

On a different note. I'm sad that Doc Martin is wrapping up next year. I never see it mentioned here but I love it, it gives me the same feeling as Kingdom and The Detectorists. Perfect to watch with the wife.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Octy posted:

I only just figured out the actor who plays Cat from Red Dwarf also plays Dwayne in Death in Paradise. I've been watching both shows for years.

Get this, he also played Barrington in Maid Marian and her Merry Men with Tony Robinson. Took me years to realise that.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Flowers is loving powerful. I need more poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
He's been drinking too much Blue Rat.