Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Figaro posted:

And hitting Janine in the FACE.

Looking at the BBC news websites picture about the episode you think that was about to happen. I dont know if the person who chose that image was going for suspense or simply taking the piss.

Gandalf: You shall not pass!
Peggy: Roar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
People working on that project came to my Uni to show off a beta of it, it is really good and a big game changer. I am not very good at describing things but it has features to the brim and its own internal social networking ( best way to describe what i saw being shown, you seen a show or its currently on you can press a button and send a request to a freiend to see the show or remind them its coming on) which will be useful for groups like here that want to hold a peepshow night or some poo poo, well in the form I saw it could be used for that.

Few months after that I did a placement there and almost every-over day there was news on Gateway about the project. Last one I recall was channel 5 dropping out.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Quanta posted:

Merlin starts again tonight but it's not being broadcast in HD. What the gently caress, BBC.

Not too fussed on the HD thing since I only able to get TV on my laptop, iam just glad its back!

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

gently caress yeah, Four Lions arrived in the post. Anyone got a cardboard slim style DVD box instead of the usual plastic issue?

Saw the slim box in HMV but at 18 quid i wait till its bargin bin or preowned before getting it while its at that price.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

LE0N posted:

Nice one BBC placing the camera in front of "Tory SCUM" graffiti whilst doing the whole news report.

Miss the late night news cast with most of the report centring on 'The torys are rather nice chaps, what what!' because i felt it was well balanced.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
BBC that it Christmas show reel out:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/03/bbc-christmas-2010

Looking good, first look at the Top Gear ep as well and had to giggle like an idiot at Hammonds face with the reveal.
Dr Who seems to be going down the Christmas Charol road but knowing the writer its going to be fantastic interpretation of the old story and characters, much like Rock and chips, I thought the one early on in the year was a one off.

Is it sad that iam looking forward to Upstairs Downstairs?

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Taear posted:

It's a lot worse now than it used to be. It's like they don't believe it themselves any longer.

Look at the Top Gear website, there is an outtake interview were they basically say they try and keep a fine line between informative and entertaining. They had one ropy session a few ago but over wise it keeps getting better and better. One thing you cant say is that they dont put the effort in but in that interview Clarkson came out and said he likes the joint decision to tone down certain parts.
Also it exported to just under a hundred countries with a few of them buying rights to make there own variants, its a entertainment show featuring cars, not a car show and lets face it, rather top gear then some of the over shite thats on tv currently.

Also tram crash tonight! Really looking forward to seeing how they make an electric tram explode into a fireball:

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Fantastic! wasn't expecting it to be that good, I was crying from laughter from the absurdity of it but at least it didn't end up like the brookside helicopter crash.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbue9d_brookside-helicopter-crash_shortfilms

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
For a soap it was good, wouldn't consider it piss poor.

yeh that big red headed woman and the conductor, well.....

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
It was a bit of a fast paced clusterfuck, this google 3D makes it a bit more clear what happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnKnoC8DTb4
The bit it flopped down was the part i went holy poo poo at, my first thought that the explosion was it as well.

Also I went to Youtube to getup to speed on corrie since I have never saw it before in any real sense and I came across Jack Duckworth's final scene and quite possibly the best comment on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4rZLPLfnSk

24 race pigeons for sale, shed included.

Manchester area.

Contact Molly or Tyrone on 01612345678

They even got the area code right.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
And that last british scfi attempt on BBC3, that comedy poo poo fest, cant remember its name.

Its looking good so far, I know Jamie Bamber is british but damm can he pull off different accents well, I remember him from Battlestar.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
yeh the speech and clapping bit was cringeworthy

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Like a missile

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

Child actors need to be banned

EDIT: I hope he gets eaten by tigers

Hes going to drown him!

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Ah the alien angle already

EDIT: YESSSSS kill!

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Theres quite a few decant character I think.

Edit: well poo poo down one now.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
wait he suffocated him! gently caress..

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyone else watching that Icelandic Comedy from BBC4 with the subtitles on iPlayer?

Nightshift? the one at the petrol station?

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Better then nothing I suppose.

I think the BBC should buy the idea to the show, had all the services and offices what left? dont think we had a petrol station yet. Only saw two episodes before I switched over for a movie I was waiting for and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing more, The guy recovering from a stroke and being takled to the ground was just Office cringe worthy, hell the manager is a bit like David Brent but more of a gently caress up. I think it could work well.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Is it the one with a big clock in a shopping centre, austrian?

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
This HIGNFY came out as something really different then normal to me. Dont really know how to put it, it just turned so cold in the studio. They had to address it I suppose and you could really feel the tension.
That said I like how it turned out, Ian didn't 'soap box' and said the right things but that Hamza joke really did bomb.

You go to comedy clubs and see tv shows like this, occasionally a bad taste joke might get a boo or hiss but I've never seen one get a stunned silence like that, quite frighting really.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Yeh its been quite good, didn't realise it was new, so used to repeats of Dave.

Also who saw that guy get knocked over by a biker live on ITV news, love the slow reaction of everyone around "should we help? ehhh...." and the reporter totally blanking it.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Was on youtube only a few days ago looking for Spitting Image clips wondering why it hasn't been relaunched for today. Well the Manchester Evening News had a little section on a show being made here called 'Newzoid'.

Got some Spitting Image veterans involved so I think the substance of the show might be good but dear god the image of the puppets look a bit crap compared to spitting image. They look like something that ventriloquist comidian whould have in the back of her wardrobe.

The old puppets look so good. I have a vague recollection of the Margaret Thatcher one with glowing red eyes giving me nightmares as a child.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

all I can remember is his loving ears and his loving irritating voice. Seriously, him talking at 7am almost always made me want to throttle the little bastard

Well Wikipedia has the answer:

wikipedia posted:

He left Diggit in 2002 shortly before its relaunch into Diggin' It.

As of 2016 he is currently living on the streets of Wealdstone, where he is know to eat his own feces for money.

Been like that since 4 October so lets see how long it lasts.

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
There was a toys from the past type show on last week or so on the BBC I think, standard talking heads stuff.
I remember it because they got the children of the people who invented stuff like subbuteo, spirograph and meccano on it which was intresting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterdark
Sep 27, 2006
Ah found it, it's called "Toys that made Christmas".