Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The Apprentice is back next Wednesday. Dara O' Briain is hosting You're Fired! :D

View candidates here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
So The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is starting in America tomorrow. The tall stupid guy from The Inbetweeners is now playing the guy he works with(at least I think it is), not sure how well he'll be in that role, a cocky bloke-ish guy worked well. Everyone else is the same as far as I can see.

Site here: http://www.ifc.com/todd-margaret/

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

seregrail7 posted:

So The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is starting in America tomorrow. The tall stupid guy from The Inbetweeners is now playing the guy he works with(at least I think it is), not sure how well he'll be in that role, a cocky bloke-ish guy worked well. Everyone else is the same as far as I can see.

Site here: http://www.ifc.com/todd-margaret/

Well, they ruined it. The first episode is the pilot from last year only a lot less funny. They removed lots of funny bits and replaced them with not funny bits. Disappointed.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
Apprentice thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3354706

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The Van Driver's Lament on Harry and Paul was loving brilliant.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
TV Burp is great so far this week.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

LE0N posted:

Nope, i bet if he does go back to do a niche bbc4 show, it'll be a one off. Expect lots more shows with david mitchell and or Jimmy carr since they have been lumped together into the quite middle class misanthropic nerd comedian catergory.

He said on Twitter there'll be a wipe show later in the year.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
Because you're a bloody foreigner, coming over to our part of the internet trying to steal our comedy.

Surely they're getting re-uploded by people with no restrictions?

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

meme posted:

How do you guys feel about mid morning matters?
I'm enjoying it, really feels like classic partridge to me.

It's great, Coogan's playing the character the same as always and the writing is perfect.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The newest Buzzcocks is great, Terry Wogan is fantastic.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Brokyn posted:

:psyduck: This is bizarre. Over here, he never would have been allowed to record another episode. Either he would have been fired outright as soon as the allegations came out, or he would have been forced to take a leave of absence to let everything work out (if the accusations were lies).

Really? I mean I see loads of American stars getting caught up in scandals(Charlie Sheen) and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
Father Ted night on New Years Day. Fan favourite episode, documentary, writer's favourite episode then The Heartbreak Kid (1972), a movie that they like.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Except for people in Northern Ireland and Wales. You've got to wait until Saturday.

Whaaaaaat? gently caress BBC NI.

Fake edit: It's on BBC NI tonight...

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
That doesn't even make sense. It's on digital but not analogue... bizarre.

i'm watching on Analogue and it's on. Must be a mistake on the site.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Junkenstein posted:

Reminder that just as things as getting back to normal after all that xmas poo poo, the big fat quiz of the year is on tonight.

I'm going to watch it, but the people on it and the time it's on at aren't promising at all.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't like it much. Looked amazing, but 5 episodes in and I just wasn't connecting with the characters at all, I found it really hard to follow who was who and what was going on.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Idioteque Dance posted:

Not to mention spending at least 50% of their air time just watching somebody play some boring isometric no-name RPG that they were obsessed with.

How dare you speak ill of Legend of Mir!

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
Jonattan Yeah? is fantastic as well because he knows how poo poo the magazine is and how daft all the people are, but he doesn't really give a gently caress and just goes with the lifestyle and does well out of it, he's sort of Dan without the fake morals and overly large sense of self worth.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006
The Buzzcocks tonight is actually the one that BBC wouldn't air after the whole Manuel thing.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Cerv posted:

The missing Buzzcocks episode was great. Really reminds you why Amstel was so much better than the ridiculous string of guest hosts.

Yes it was fantastic. What was good was that if you liked his style(I understand some didn't) it was entertaining every week because of him even with poor guests, but now it relies on good guests and a good host. Sometimes it's a shame when what seems like a good guest is wasted by being on when there's a bad host.

DaWolfey posted:

Pretty off topic but if you've not heard of them, there is a guy who did video reviews all three Star Wars prequels. He utterly, totally, obliterates them, I mean, really tears them to shreds.

Mr Plinkett of Red Letter Media

These are fantastic, totally spot on and also incredibly funny.

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

King Crab posted:

Wasn't the whole thing voted for by the public? If so, there's your answer right there. The public are idiots! The public cheer and jeer at people doing live karaoke, the public stood outside clapping for idiots that lived in a house.

The public :argh:

No, only the last award was chosen by the public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seregrail7
Nov 3, 2006

Kin posted:

Well this seems like bollocks. It appears that up here in scotland BBC2 is, at 10pm, showing "The World According to Robert Burns".

gently caress you BBC, we already know about Robert loving Burns, we need more Charlie Brooker.

BBC Scotland and NI are doing that annoying thing they do a lot where they will be showing it on a different night. Wednesday at 10 instead.