Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

bitterandtwisted posted:

I'm seeing a lot of advertising for "Rude Tube". Is that seriously a prime time C4 program devoted to showing youtube clips? :psyduck:

The words 'epic fail' and 'epic win' were used multiple times throughout this. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Basically this.

Another thing is that everybody knows what they're in for if they go on the show, I don't know why they all act surprised and indignant they get screamed at for having affairs when he's been through that process on thousands of other shows.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

What was the name of that programme in BBC3 with the blonde girl and the gay friend who were trying to be famous even though they lived in some rural place. I take it was mercifully cancelled?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Those twins would both get it though.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Peter Kay is basically Seinfeld. People forget that he was one of the first people to do that kind of comedy and make it popular, so he gets resented for being boring and unoriginal years down the line because his style of comedy is copied so much.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

I think it's a case of this. Seinfeld seems old and boring now because all the good comedies mimic it. For its time, Seinfeld was an incredibly new concept, and without it there'd be no The Office or shows of a similar ilk.

I love how I said this at the top of the last page and then the exact argument I was talking about sprung up in the following pages.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

le chat posted:

Family guy will forever loving suck mind

American Dad is great though.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

loving hell, why does Russell Howard keep on passing news stories off Red Eye as real ones? What a lazy oval office.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Figaro posted:

I really want to gently caress Russell Howard but I don't really like him that much. God I hate the 21st century

Lazy eye, crooked teeth, what a catch.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

LE0N posted:

On tv, sense of humor, celebrity status. Could be worse?

Breaking into a funny voice combined with obligatory story about animals is funny?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Are we going to take bets on if Robert's Web is going to be poo poo?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Dunno if anybody cares but you can buy Friends seasons 1-10 for 20 loving quid on Tesco online.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Who else is dead then?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Vequeth posted:

You mean you werent laughing at panorama trying to interview a WoW nerd as he was playing?

NOT TO BE RUDE BUT I'M DYING A LOT HERE :stare::stare::stare::stare:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

Snotty, drooling, crying, angry Phil is the best Phil.

Drunk Phil trying to work a Playstation is better :)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

LE0N posted:

Does having sex in the title, or whole premise bring in that many more viewers?

worked for dawn porter

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Never watched this His and Hers thing before but it's pretty good and quite weirdly an accurate potrayal of living with a woman you're totally comfortable with, the girl is really pretty too. :allears:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

themonkeythatcried posted:

Don't forget Russell Howard's Good News! Not a scripted show but it still counts.

gently caress that shite, I'd like to see one episode where he doesn't try to pass off a story on Red Eye as a real piece of news.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

This thread does go in cycles and this has been discussed loads of times but Skins is really good, I didn't see the big deal with the third and fouth series, those two twins are both gorgeous, the filming is pretty nice too.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Also the new Russell Howard has had gigantic snowcocks and a granny getting golden showered in the first five minutes. Fantastic comedy. :stare:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

themonkeythatcried posted:

The female lead goes suicidal, starts seeing a therapist who brainwashes her. When the male lead goes to see the crazy therapist he gets beaten to death with a baseball bat. I don't think :psyduck: has ever been more appopriately used.

Oh yeah actually I forgot about them, if you got rid of Freddie and Effy it would be a lot better, but that ending owns, I don't care. Cook is a great character.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Megaterium posted:

It's quite old but there's a series of videos by Iain Lee ringing up these sort of programs with the same answer over and over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0au9lnZYE

These are fantastic, especially the ones with the female presenter where she becomes obsessed with him and eventually discovers his true identity.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I thought skins was shite, completely boring.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Requiem is probably being shown because Black Swan just came out here.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I didn't even watch Skins this week but I can probably guess with certainty their definition of 'metal' starts with Slipknot and ends with Slayer

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Somebody tell me they stay up late enough too to be loving irritated by those stupid 5 minute long Advanced Hair Studio adverts

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Lily Allen is cute and everybody knows looks are everything so I like her.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

That thing where they shipped little wankers off to live with other people was pretty good.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Actually no, Coming of Age is/was the worst comedy on TV in the past 5 years.

Also Balls of Steel had some pretty good segments on it, Thaila Zucchi :allears:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I haven't watched Hollyoaks for a while but this writing of the serial killer dude talking to the boyfriend of the girl he murderedis hamfisted as gently caress. People do not talk like this in real life.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Kin posted:

I caught a bit where the boyfriend? was talking to the police and when asked how he met her he says "i was swimming and then drowing and then an Angel rescued me. I know it sounds cliched, but that's what happened".

Yeah, the part I caught was him talking the boyfriend in his best Hannibal voice, saying stuff like "I'd bet you'd like 5 minutes alone with her killer," and "if you talked to him maybe you'd find out things you wouldn't like to know." There was basically a solid minute of comical over the top sentences which if happened in real life would point him out as being a killer in 10 seconds.

I do have a strange crush on that massive titted Irish woman though, so all is forgiven.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Flatscan posted:

What a bunch of twats you are. It's Ryan Giggs. I'm not a media outlet so they can't do poo poo to me, or any of you unless you happen to own a loving newspaper.

Look at this maverick, saying names on the internet.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I really want to go on Come Dine and serve up various flavours of pot noodles, Sunny Delight and Nutella sandwiches for desert.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I keep noticing judges on these reality shows keep saying things like "I have the feeling that you think this is your last chance." Mostly to old people, but who gives a gently caress? Some people get famous, some don't, does it matter?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

ChuckDHead posted:

The advert alone pisses me off no end, since I see that :btroll: talking about how she's craving pie and chips and think "and was that actually different to before the pregnancy?"

What kind of boring oval office do you have to be where chips & gravy is your favourite meal?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

John_Anon_Smith posted:

Also, there used to be a long essay here from someone working with Simon Cowell and Britain's got Talent about how loving staged the entire show is but it's been removed by a copyright claim from Syco, Mr. Cowell's company.

http://justpaste.it/c8g

Apparently, they've been stage managing Ronan for three years to make him camp and "gay" - a novelty.

What are the chances of this being legit? It says in this that he was supposed to win it, but he didn't. That said, singers on BGT should gently caress off, it always turns into X-Factor MK2 by the final shows.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Zorba the Greek posted:

I don't know if anyone here watches Waterloo Road but oh my loving God today was gut wrenching stuff.

What happened? Last time I watched waterloo road I saw the fat kid from Grange Hill who tried to commit suicide by jumping face first into a pool was on it, that kid is doomed to play schoolchildren forever

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Those meerkat things have dragged on way too long, they were kinda funny for the first few but now they're just getting overused. Kind of like how the stuffed polar bear for the Birdseye stuff was cute but now they're bringing it back again.

The advert I hate the most is the fat prick who says 'Wonga' on one of those cash converter trade in places.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

all sci fi is for for virgin nerds imo :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

LE0N posted:

Lauren Laverne sperging out about Beyonce, Zane lowe making things awkward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-7eieXDjgc

Thanks bbc. Cull all of these presenters and introduce acts with an on-screen graphic instead.

why does zane lowe voice over every single advert for an indie album?