Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Paperhouse posted:

baseball generally sends me to sleep too
Our treasonous upstart cousins have a lot of silly bugger notions about sport old chap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

BizarroAzrael posted:

Baseball was invented in Britain.

QI told me so.

And QI is back on next week!
loving nice, the old ones have been on repeat so long now I thought they might have packed it in or maybe Stephen had a particually bad depressive episode.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Just thought I should remind you guys of the best show ITV ever made since we have a Tory mob back in charge ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV3hQUjN9_Q

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

spikenigma posted:

Also for no particular reason I'll just say that QI and Argumental are the most unfunny things on British TV - and I like Stephen Fry:colbert:.
I think im with you on Argumental but QI amuses me endlessly, I just love Stephen (like everyone else) and the running joke with the goofy twat with the gay perm still amuses me somehow.

And it manages to be informative.

Its sort of like reading a decent D&D thread.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
You fuckers caused me to deliberatly watch Eastenders for the first time in years. Im pleased that Peggy managed to scream 'Get arrrt of my pub!' one more time before Phil torched it :)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

SeanBeansShako posted:

It was? holy poo poo it must have been so bad it seemed timeless to me. It was on BBC3 when I saw it.
I loved that when I was a kid. Have to go check it out. This is the thing where the complete wanker who is agrophobic lives with the nerd and the hot chick yes? I mean it wasnt a classic but I thought it was rather amusing. Then again I would have been 14 or something.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Looks like there are complete episodes on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqyCpoZdR_8

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Idiot Abroad was the funniest loving thing ive watched on tv for ages. Thanks to my old man for having it sitting around on his SKY+ thing.

Regarding Karl, I think he is actually like that but plays it up a little, either way the man is a loving genious.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Some Strange Flea posted:

I don't know the entire story but I gather that this is all Murdoch's fault somehow.

e: also yeah the money vvvvvv
Not sure if you were joking or not but wasnt there some sort of anti-competition whine from Sky along the lines of 'its not fair if they (BBC) just have everything on demand'?

On a different topic who agrees with my prediction that in approx 5 years time all UK TV will be on demand over IP and roof ariels and sat dishes will be a thing of the past? We are nearly there now, all it takes is a bit more in the infrastructure and someone to release a simplifed PC/Mac purely to stream telly.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Tsaedje posted:

This won't happen until the majority of the country has broadband and there's enough bandwidth to go round (this won't happen ever).
I think I disagree.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

normal contact posted:

So I finally got around to watching the second episode of Stephen Hawking's Universe (available on youtube) where he talks about the possibility of time travel. He does a fairly good job of explaining complex physical concepts in laypeople's terms and if you're at all interested in this kind of thing you should definitely give it a watch. It's good, but in a way it depressed me because I don't believe humans will ever develop far enough to accomplish the feats that Hawking imagines.
I dunno, travelling at near light speed for 5 years is bordering on possible with current engineering, it would of course mean a gigantic global effort which ... oh gently caress it

Its a nice program, cool how they link in between synf Steven and the narrator. Spent a fair bit on animation as well. And its cool to know this is a real bona-fide genious talking to us.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I would punch someone who spoke to me like that in about 5 minutes. No career as a chef for me guess :(

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
What do you guys reckon to Him & Her on BBC3?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00twwyj/Him_and_Her_The_Fancy_Dress_Party/

I really like it. Funny and the girl who plays Rebecca is super hot.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Junkenstein posted:

I've been mentioning it in here after every episode, but it seems like either no one's watching it or no one likes it.

I love it. Well written, realistic, understated and genuinely funny. It's better than Inbetweeners, and I'm enjoying that well enough.
Yeah I find it really charming, makes me smile. Check it out chaps!

e: reminds me alot of early rab c nesbit

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
I did not have that problem my first time even with the tactical wank. It was more the 5 thrusts/20 seconds that made it embarrassing.

Great episode.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

HERAK posted:

Total bell-ends. A load of cunts.
I keep wondering if im the weirdo, that I havent got that sort of get up and go gettem attitude. Then I just think, no, really, what a bunch of loving cunts.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

meme posted:

You guys caught Harry Enfield's new sketch show? Opinions? I thought it was pretty funny, but I'm not as critical as some of you guys.
Absolutly love it. Harry and Paul work so well together. They seem to have cut down on some of the childish stuff like the intelligent builders who start shouting at women and the northener pet show stuff which being an immature twat made me giggle but overall its great.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
They have been repeating the remake of Reggie Perrin with Martin Clunes on iPlayer, its really good. Anyone know if they are going to continue with the next series? I would fully support that as liscense payer :)

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

A new series of Reggie Perrin starts on Thursday :eng101:
Sweet man thanks!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

Oh dear god, why?
You did not like that?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

It wasn't a patch on the original and Martin Clunes is a talentless gurning twat. The only way it could be worse is if it had a crossover episode with My Family.
Gotta agree to disagree there then. I liked it. Are you sure you arent having ... 'phrase that describes something that was great from a long time ago but if you watched it now it wouldnt be that great'

I know there is a word for that but its eluding me. Nostalgia maybe?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Wasnt it found out that 'Dr.' Phil just has some bullshit buy/work from home degree and is in fact not a PHD holder?

And yes Kyle is a loving oval office, I dont think you will hear any dispute from any of us brits on that.

That said its strangely compelling telly :S

defining moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGocWTKogpg&feature=related

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 8, 2010

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
ahaaa!

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Alan Partridge - Eat my Goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZhysyhUL9k from 'The day Today', I never laughed so much in my 18teenies ever.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

pisshead posted:

stuff
I also find it overhyped in this thread but it makes me giggle. It appeals to the immature part of my brain where someone calling someone 'a gay bumstuffing arsebandit' would make me laugh at that time in life.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The episode of Harry and Paul just finished not 30 seconds ago was great. The last sketch makes up for any of the dodgey ones.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Ive actually got a bit of a soft spot for Moyles, he seemed like a genuine guy when I listened to his radio show at work on R1 way back when. I then turned treason and then listened to American radio instead but he was alright. Has he turned all superstar these days?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
My god Victoria Coren is fit.

That is all.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Muppetjedi posted:

His teeth.. :gonk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI00MjKt1Vk
Mein Gott!

e:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n5BhiGWBWk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgm0yZdYM70
(sorry that has nothing to do with uk tv just reminded me of something that amused me, easily amused)

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 17, 2010

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

thehustler posted:

What's the matter? Scared of intelligent people?

It doesn't take itself too seriously and indeed takes the piss out of itself for being like that. When you get a question right sat on the sofa watching it it actually feels good.
Thanks to your recommedation of where to see more Victoria I checked it out today. Thought it was quite fun. I watched episode 2 where it was the Wrights against the Urban Walkers. The guy on the right on the Urban Walkers team did not answer a single thing, just basically stood there like a div for 30 mins.

And maybe its the lighting or she is just trying to look more serious but Viccy doesnt look anywhere near as hot as she does when she is a guest on other shows.

She needs to whore it up on that program too.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

A Humble Narcissist posted:

I just hate Victoria Cohen
You heathen, how can you possibly hate a natural blonde with a nice arse who plays poker?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Catherine Tate is the Skeletor of comedy and I wish ill upon her.
I actually kinda fancy her, am I weird?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

A Humble Narcissist posted:

No you're not. I've got some serious lesbian crush on her.
I think thats twice we have agreed on a chick now, if I could convert you back to hetro it might be a match made in heaven.

Either that or im a lesbian in a mans body.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Richie: "Come back to my place ... and I'll cure you!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xorvPO6K78s

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Dell_Zincht posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0

Somewhat low-key new Alan Partridge trailer. Not much, just some clips set to mournful music, but guess who co-stars?

TIM KEY :)
The man is a loving genius.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

King Crab posted:

there is one thing i would not like to see in this world and that is a high definition pat butcher, she already looks like a bulldog's scrotum as it is
is she still on that? thats the thing that did my head in about that program when I watched it, that women had men fighting over her and she is the loving definition of big ugly pig. maybe she gives real awesome head or something.

ok paul its all made up, its a soap, calm down

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

justcola posted:

watching

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vlq0y/Classic_Albums_Black_Sabbath_Paranoid/

this at the moment. Pretty good documentary. For the most part I'm a little iffy about documentaries of stuff I'm half familiar with as it retreads a lot of old ground, but for a documentary about Paranoid which I haven't listened to for a while let's me appreciate it a bit more.

I noticed that there's a friends thing on bbc iplayer. If it's some kind of social network bullshit specifically for iplayer would anybody else be interested in joining and starting a tiny group? I'm not sure if that's even possible, but if it is it's something I wouldn't mind being a part of perhaps.
thanks for that recommendation, its a good doc.

re your group idea pm me if you want, we can see if we can get it organised. or email me on paul.mumford at gmail.com

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
They are both funny I think, dont understand the hate Armstrong and Miller gets. That open with them dancing is loving retarded though and I have to skip through it.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Might be old news but radio 5 live said new Misfits coming soon. 11th November 2010 on E4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Thanks for the recommendation of 'Getting On' chaps, thats bloody brillient. Just watched all 3 of the series. Whats that doing hiding on BBC4 when we there is another loving series of 'Miranda' on BBC2?