Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I saw the entire cast of Misfits sans the guy that played Simon yesterday in Belfast.

I have no idea what they were doing, they all got out of taxis and walked into a crappy shopping centre that consists of a Burger King, a boarded up Pizza Hut, a Cinema and a bingo hall.

I didn't really wanna run after them but I did stop the car for long enough to stare at them and confirm my suspicions. I tried a bit of e-sleuthing and I still don't know what they're doing but I'm still regretting missing a photo oppurtunity.

It didn't help that the friend I was with at the time hadn't seen the show :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

In 6th form we got hit with the first of Jamie's changes, salt wasn't regularly available, chips were only served on certain days, you couldn't buy chocolate at all and the only drinks avaiable were either milk, water or fruit juice.

As far as I know, it's still the same here in Northern Ireland, there were some pretty big changes. We went from having things like big bags of Haribo and huge muffins on sale to healthy alternatives like granola bars and bags of pre cut fruit inside one term.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Brown Moses posted:

Misfits series 2 starts on Thursday 11th November.

Brilliant. I'm kind of worried that my immediate concern was it might clash with True Blood though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Watched Freak Like Me on iPlayer earlier, pretty stupid premise and lovely show, but holy gently caress is Russell Kane punchable.

Seriously, he's the most punchable man alive. If I saw him in real life I'd have to try very hard to restrain myself from flying into a blind rage and murdering him.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

LE0N posted:

Starting to get a morbid curiosity about this only way is essex show. Kinda want to watch an episode filled with these barely sentient humanoids but ill probably just feel really nasty after it.

My girlfriend made me watch the christmas special, and I honestly couldn't believe that anyone would buy it as real. Do they? Are there people at home thinknig this is a fly on the wall thing? Or is it all some sort of meta joke thing?

Seriously give it a try if you're curious. Seeing people try to act natural when they quite clearly can't act is pretty amusing. They're as twattish as you'd expect too.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Royality posted:

Haha, no chance. The man is not goon material.

Yeah, no way he's a goon.

I'd watch anything he did to be honest, he just presents the material in an engaging fashion, and while I've been interested in the stuff he's done so far I'd probably give anything a go if he was presenting it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Enigma was amazing live, the girl who got the coin in the show I was at was about 4 seats down my row. Her whole family seemed pretty freaked out, and she seemed pretty shaken herself after the show. No idea how he did it, but he roped everyone in.

Another plus at the live shows is the amount of arseholes who are quite obviously pretending to be in a trance when Derren does the bits with the audience. I'd really reccommend seeing him live, I'm probably going to buy tickets for his next show if he comes back here again.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding was hillarious, as long as you were able to block out the misogyny, racism and general discomfort that comes with watching women in the 21st century talk about how fair it is that they can't work or leave home alone.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I was looking forward to Episodes and 10 O'Clock live.

Both were poo poo, the former moreso. I have hope for one of them, and it isn't the one with Matt LeBlanc in it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Boardwalk Empire started on Sky Atlantic on tuesday, the second episode has already been shown. If you have Sky+ both episodes were up on anytime as of yesterday.

It's been really, really good so far. Sky Atlantic seems like it'll be getting alot of viewing from me, I'm pretty excited to watch the Sopranos from the first episode, which starts on Wednesday.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Gotta say, I really like Sky Atlantic now. Between rewatching Sopranos and Six Feet Under (The former the whole way through, the latter until it gets poo poo) and Blue Bloods and Boardwalk Empire it's getting a big percentage of my viewing time.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I came home last night and my girlfriend was watching something called Vampires: Brighter in Darkness on Showcase (Yeah I didn't know it existed either) and it was literally the worst piece of televisual entertainment I have ever seen. It did get to the "so-bad-it's-funny" stage though, since it featured the most lethargic vampires ever.

A hillariously overwrought script, special effects that consisted solely of lens-flare effects and 90s quality motion blur and acting on par with the production values meant we ended up watching it for an hour though. It's on tonight too if this piqued your interest, Sky Channel (Oh God I forgot I wasn't supposed to out myself as a Sky customer in this thread) 201 at 9pm. The greatest poo poo T.V ever made.

TRAILER:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWmx1BXB7iU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The Anti-War lady on last night was an idiot, pulling out the "bombing for peace is like screwing for virginity" argument made me cringe so hard.

She couldn't hold an argument and it was kind of embarassing when she could've built a much more coherent case. Carr continues to be lovely, but the show in general is getting better. All this Brooker thought projection is kind of irritating though, the guy knows his way around T.V., I doubt he's going off stage every night and fuming about the stuff that's on a show he has a heavy influence in, regardless of the goon-perception of him.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I don't think you can act superior or highbrow with anyone thanks to that Av.

Campus was loving awful. I was hoping for Green Wing in a school but it was just completely meritless.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Muppetjedi posted:

Any other goons gone to see him?

Went to see the Enigma show last year with my girlfriend, he doesn't seem to be coming back to Belfast until next year though. I'll probably try and get more people to go too, it's too hard to describe how amazing he is live when people ask about it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Bottom is brilliant and I still watch it anytime it's on.

gently caress Ade edmondson though. Seeing how much of a cock he was on the various reality tv programmes he's appeared on was awful.

I know, I know. It's just okay. But 8 year old me thought it was the best thing on TV

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

The bit that got me about the guy from the Sun was when he brought up the "brave, heroic policemen being honoured here in London tonight" when it had nothing to do with the question concerning corruption in the Met.

Instead of answering the question, he ended up getting on his soap-box, spewing some sort of policeman-jingoism to try to win over the crowd in his tone that kept rising and rising, apparently to imbue his stupid loving speech with some sort of gravity and rouse an applause. He was a smug arsehole.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Dr Snofeld posted:

Aw hell, I just remembered we have the singing Iceland adverts to look forward to.

I work in an Iceland. They just put out their christmas food. They're coming aren't they :(

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

cloudchamber posted:

Enjoyed both seasons of Flowers a lot even though it seems odd that it as ever broadcast as a sitcom. The whole thing feels like an indie movie which somebody cut into twenty minute segments.

Came here to post about Flowers, I just caught up with the first series and I'm hooked. I love the weirdness and tone changes, I haven't had that mix of laughter and introspection while watching something before and I'm really enjoying it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Took me a couple of tries to get into Stath lets flats but I love it now, some proper gold in there.

OTOH, that Gordon Ramsey apprentice program is the loving pits, I don't know why I'm still watching it, it's terrible from top to bottom.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

ThomasPaine posted:

It's very silly but I like watching people shout at each other and insane egos like Ramsay are always fun to laugh at if you don't take them too seriously.

I was unreasonably annoyed at the second elimination last week, Indian sauce guy was great!

To be fair they've got a few decent personalities but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of culinary talent - which wouldn't be shown off by tasks like "run a ghost kitchen" or "launch a non-alcoholic spirit" anyway. I'll try turning my brain off for the next one.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Personal fav Ramsay moment was the Rangers anorak who debunked his claims of ever playing for any of their teams.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Taear posted:

She does it CONSTANTLY honestly

Got mad brexiteer vibes from her intro, using local ingredients that people don't usually pay attention to or something?

Her peeling that avocado like a spud was great TV though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Their pivot wasn't ambitious enough imo, instead of calling it "double concentrated" they should've marketed it as Frankenstein face paint in a novelty dildo, John Lewis would've been all over it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

I've got a series link on for Buzzcocks, its very ok and I'll probably watch it at some point, or let 6 of them record and delete them all at once.

It's one of those shows that should be better, I like most of the people involved but yeah, almost never hear anything about it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Oof proclick, love Jon Ronson and the weird bullshit that built up around DOND is right up his alley, cheers!

Virgin added some 24/7 channels and the American DOND is on there, it's weird in a completely different way though - the boxes are opened by women in evening gowns? Didn't watch, can't recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Has anyone said Bottom yet?