Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

That 'terror expert' was such a huge slimy piece of poo poo. He openly admitted to control orders only being for muslims, and said it was reasonable to punish people for just looking at certain types of freely available information. Glad to see the type of scum we have advising our policy makers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Rarity posted:

10 O'Clock Live was a definite improvement on last week. The only real weak section was Mitchell's interview with Campbell. Hopefully they'll let Mitchell develop his interviewing against easier guests.

What was the 'Police Afraid of the Dark' bit about?

Saying somewhere is "a bit dark" is an old fashioned way of saying there are a lot of black people there. So the headline comes off as saying the police are afraid of black people.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

If it's obvious that nobody is buying it (as I thought it was), they can feel free to spout whatever obvious bullshit they want it only paints them in a bad light. If you do a Nick Griffin on Newsnight and just constantly take the piss out of someone and barely let them get their disgusting views out for everyone to see you just end up with a martyrdom complex. I would wager that most people watching 10 O'Clock Live know Campbell is a detestable lying poo poo, they don't necessarily need someone to shout at them. There's multiple ways to interview people.

Case in point the terror expert. He managed to hang himself with his own words without anyones input.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How TV Ruined Your Life and 10 O'Clock Live are like a one-two punch of crushing depression. They're even spaced out so by the time you recover from one and stop hating life it's time for the other.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

goatface posted:

He seemed to be saying that protests work in other countries, but the British government ignores them so protesters in this country are stupid.

What he more or less said was that the only protests that work have been overly violent, like the poll tax protests.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

reflir posted:

I really wonder who it is now. The wiki also has a list of regular guests, but none of them seem more likely than the others. I can't believe it's David Mitchell or Dara O Briain though, that'd just be weird

That tedious Rory McGrath motherfucker who always knows the answers and is boring as hell.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy is really embarrassingly bad.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Noel Fielding makes faces, wears costumes and says words next to eachother for half an hour. What's to like?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Kevin is actually Herbet West, Reanimator and Barry is his latest project. CJ is the most entertaining for the hilarious faces he makes.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I'm not really sure how some of the UKs top comedians managed to make a political satire show less funny than anything america has produced but well they did.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Robert Webb's been busy in that loving awful dickens 'comedy' show.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I love Only Connect but it makes me feel about as smart as a table.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Man, Blandings was amazingly horrible. It's like they actually hate PG Wodehouse. They took out witty, actually funny dialogue from the books and replaced it with people making funny faces and things falling over. Pig Hoo-oo-oo-ey is a short story that would work perfectly as a 30 minute tv show just as it is in the book. You could pretty much take the text and use it as a script, there's nothing there that requires reworking for the screen. They reordered events for no reason, added in the weird jailbreak subplot and took out some good stuff.

I don't know why they decided to play it as over the top slapstick either. Jeeves and Wooster proved that Wodehouse works best and is at its funniest when the actors play it straight.

Ripper Street is pretty great though. It's a little overly grim but the dialogue is good and believably victorian and the characters are interesting.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Bown posted:

I don't understand why Mrs Brown's Boys isn't just treated with waves of vitriol. It's the worst show I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. I can't believe it's getting a loving movie

I mean (not to sound like a snob, but) I get why the general British public would like it, because it's bawdy as gently caress and has crossdressing AND funny Irish swearing, but I can't stand it. The small moments when they go meta or keep a cameraman fuckup in are the only funny parts. Is this really what we want to present to the world as our best sitcom? Something that has every cheap, lame, outdated British comedy cliche in the book? I know it's a pointless, slightly rude moan but do audiences really not want ANYTHING original or new?

I loving hate Mrs Brown's Boys. It's like someone made a single show out of everything I hate in british tv. I was on a coach late at night once and everyone on it was drunk and when the driver put Mrs Brown's Boys on the TV EVERYONE complained. If a bunch of sleepy drunks hate Mrs Brown's Boys I have no idea how anyone sober and awake endures it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ripper Street was probably the best episode of the series so far though, really great and very well acted.