Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Just noticed there's a shooting stars Christmas special on tonight at 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Saw an advert for the new channel Sky Atlantic that's replacing sky three, there showing Six Feet Under, Big Love, Sopranos, Battlestar and Curb all from the first episode. Pretty awesome, I've wanted to watch nearly all of them.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Its on FIVE US.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
No one watch Mad Dogs? That was great.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Regarding a second series of Mad Dogs, the status on its wiki is: Second series planning underway.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
is barry manilow gay
is barley gluten free
is barbizon a scam
is barack obama a muslim
is barack obama a us citizen

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Inbetweeners 2? http://www.fit4talent.com/news/the-inbetweeners-2-gets-green-light/56/

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Irisi posted:

They've been doing it since before Christmas (I recall one day they distinctly said "The Pembertons"). I can only assume it's a bet between all the announcers to see who can get away with the most ridiculous mangling of the name without their bosses noticing.

That or they're all in cahoots with Derren Brown and are trying to impant subliminal messages in our heads...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1090578

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

meme posted:

Got a lot of family in St Helens. Used to drive to Birchalls for a pie every sunday! currently scousing at liverpool uni!

Edit: Or Pilkingtons? the place with the amazing pies.

Wow, thirded. Small world.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I seem to be seeing Twin Peaks in everything after watching it a few months ago but yeah I thought the same thing, young body found on the beach in the first episode, out of town detective, possible supernatural elements.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Any idea what the hell that Mad Dogs ending was about?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
ek

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
So do you think any of the memory stuff is real or is it all just tricks?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Holy poo poo, Black Mirror plus The Missing made for a dark night of TV.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Kin posted:

But we pretty much do know because that drawing was in the snow.

What? The dad drew it.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Anyone watched Peter Kay's new show on iPlayer yet? Its pretty funny, I'd recommend it if your a fan of the guy.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
BBC or Channel 4 election coverage?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Really enjoying National Treasure and trying to work out if Robbie is a massive diddler or not.

I think he has too be, It feels too in poor taste if C4 have made a drama about an innocent celebrity and loads of women making false rape allegations surely?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I am a couple of episodes behind on Missing, but it's almost as good as series one so far. Understandably, they had to keep the charming French detective, even though his relation to the case at hand is a bit of a stretch plot-wise. Unlike the first series, to my knowledge it's less inspired by real life events, and thus feels less engaging. But it may be that I've just never heard of anything similar.

My father also lives in a tiny German town, so the setting speaks to me somewhat.

It feels like its inspired by the case in the documentary The Imposter, where an imposter pretends to be a families missing son, and everyone buys it at the start.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Bradley Walsh revealed as Doctor Who companion

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Just flipping through the channels and theres a group of furries on The Crystal Maze right now

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Does Electric Dreams get better? Enjoyed the 2nd more than the 1st but probably will just stop there if it doesn't get better, only sticking with it because I feel there must be something to it to get such a good cast.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The twist is kind of the same as Memento the way it ends with someone realising they got screwed over and setting the events for revenge in place , I suppose its the only way you can end that type of story.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Speaking of Inside No. 9, apparently the hair from last episode appears in every episode!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/inside_no_9/special/find_the_inside_no_9_hare/

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I thought it was okay, some parts are really cringy, like arguing with his coworker, when he says things like "if god created the world, who created god?" and acts like its some amazing argument rather than baby's first Atheism. Like how can he be used to arguing with people on twitter 24/7 about that kind of poo poo and thats the best he can come up with?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Jesus I finally ended up seeing an episode of Love Island, I know its nothing new to complain about reality TV but the amount of talking without anything being said, it feels like a fake show you'd see in a Black Mirror episode or something.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I think last nights Inside no. 9 was the worst episode of the show by far. Pemberton's character and acting was awful, the old men taking the piss out of youtube and hashtags was awful, the production was absolutely awful, I've been watching old episodes recently, and the difference in quality between this and an episode like Zanzibar is ridiculous, the twist is stupid with no way to predict it, its such a cop-out to say six of the characters are in the other characters head. It also just reminds you of 'Split' and how bad this is in comparison. I don't know what they were going for with the psychiatrists acting but she sounded so stupid also. Really feels like an episode that would have got trashed if they weren't struggling to put together a series. With the Psychoville episode as well they are clearing starting to run out of ideas.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The house she was in in real life at the end was number 9, it showed the door at the start of the episode.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Bogmonster posted:

I watched the whole series and the only thing that's memorable is that I had a cuppa in the cafe that Jennifer Saunders gets murdered in when I was in Manchester on my anniversary last year.

Also, it's weird that it's filmed in Manchester a lot, but obviously has some weird hangovers from the presumably American setting of the book. Complete waste of Paul Kaye as well.

I didn't even know it was supposed to be in the US, but the worst one was the daughter doing the sex work to pay of her uni loans, and she was just like "I know thats not how it works" to hand wave away the fact that you don't need to pay of your loans here till your working.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Theres supposed to be a new chaser, Darragh Ennis, has he started yet?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah I hope the guy she interviewed was in on it or its just a cruel thing to be doing at the moment.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
On the more recent vic and bob stuff vic always seems pissed and bit out of it and Bobs the one coming up with the actual jokes and puppeting him about. He’s definitely the funny one of the two, athletico mince is amazing. I think vic seemed to get more of the credit in the past because bob plays more of the straight man.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
He does the commentary for World's Strongest Man nowdays lol.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
What is everyones best guess for how he actually does stuff? Its impressive at the least in a twenty year career that not one participant has ever come forward and said it was outright set-up.

I think in the zombie one, the one where they push the guy off the roof etc. Its set up in the way that the participant obviously knows they are on a TV show, but still get swept up in everything going on anyway.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Purple Gromit posted:

Many years ago the Sun or some other tabloid tried to do an expose on Derran Brown. There was some trick he did with a woman being hypnotised and then waking up in a different country.
They had a journalist follow the woman for the entire trip (photos at the airport etc) and it turned out she wasn't a stooge she was actually in a hypnotic but functional state for the whole journey.
I've got no problem with him using magic tricks and props but stooges and camera trickery crosses a line somehow. Even moreso than with other magicians for some reason.

In the new special he talked about the Sun or someone doing a story on a guy claiming to be stuck in a chair all weekend after watching that one where he stuck you to your chair, but the end cut off before he saw it lol.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Whats going on at the bit when the bands on and shes singing the numbers?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Just read the book White Teeth, looked if there was ever an adaption and found a miniseries from 2002 on 4od, making my way through it now. It's a pretty corny and dated adaption, loses a lot of the nuance from the book but gets the gist of it. Some famous faces pop up including John Simm in a funny role, Russel Brand, and the mvp is a young speccy James McAvoy.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Anyone watched Tin Star: Liverpool? Only a couple of episodes in and enjoying it, definitely feels like a soft reboot, I didn’t even finish the second season but I don’t think there’s much continuity besides the family, it seems a lot more fun too, last I watched last season everyone was trying to kill each other.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Mr Lee mr lee, mr lee mr lee mr lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Watched Brooker's non-wipe on Netflix. It's a bit weird without Barry Shitpeas (replaced by actual Hollywood actors, although Cunk is there under a different name), jabs at television (limited to Netflix programming), or just Brooker simply being on camera (replaced by a bland American narrator voice, while Brooker plays the role of a straight-man interviewer). There are some good chuckles here and there, but maybe because the year was the absolute poo poo, the show being focused almost entirely on Covid and US elections, or Brooker drifting even further from his acerbic on-screen persona, it felt rather toothless.

I hated all the centrist bullshit in it, the whole bit about picking a side and both sides are equally annoying, plus the bit with the guy from Stranger Things as an annoying ‘woke’ YouTube guy who doesn’t really care about BLM. It’s time to stop acting like both sides are equally wrong and the problem with the world is that no one will meet in the middle. gently caress trump and every one of his supporters.