Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Julio Cruz posted:

There was also another Saturday morning thing that was set on Mars and had some sort of alien puppet thing that liked Guns 'n Roses.

e: I don't remember it being called Gilbert but it might have been

That one was Parallel 9 or something. There was also Dogsbody the anthropomorphic dog on BBC, I remember it in Space Vets and swear it spread from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
James Hoffman did a retrospective on his appearance on Derren Brown which was pretty interesting. It's on his YouTube channel.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Tsaedje posted:

The UK has a very real antziganism problem, like seriously bad, but it's not quite as simple as gypsy=always slur, specifically in the UK. Many romany people will self identify as gypsy and whether it is considered a slur depends on context. I'm certainly no expert but I think it's similar to various indigeous American groups and the use of 'indian' - some really are not down with it, others have reappropriated it.

Just come up with a new name for the tart though, seriously, people will cope.

I have a settled Roma friend who self-identifies as a gypsy in exactly the way you say. Gyppo has always been a slur, though.

Having said all this I don't really use the word, I consider it a slur and treat it kind of like the 'n' word. If your Roma it's your word to use as you wish, it's not mine.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Charlotte Ritchie is cute as hell but Jamali Maddix came out strong with the banter. Mike Wozniak is great too.

The lack of audience seems to be a real shift in the tone, there's so much dead time. It got better last time so hopefully it will again.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I remember Bread from my very early childhood. Specifically the intro, that bloody theme tune is burnt into my brain so hard I will probably remember it when I've forgotten my childhood dog. My parents still reference it fondly in the same way they do Only Fools and Horses but without the endless repeats and revivals to keep it in mind so it must have really touched them.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Edit double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Capital and Gem in the East Midlands were trying to be solemn but stay within the bounds of their playlists so that just came across as really really horny.