Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
I'm sad the old thread has gone :(

Ah well. Looking forward to the next few months, some good TV to be viewed, Inbetweeners and QI I'm especially looking forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

You are welcome.
How do you become a continuity announcer? I've always wondered this. And how does it work? you just sit in a booth watching TV with a mic? I used to think it was all prerecorded, but sometimes they make little comments about stuff that, for example, happened at the end of the simpsons, or a "hmmmm" at the end of CSI or something.

Edit: vvvv
Shush you! I just want to believe that there is a job, that real people can do, which consists of sitting in a booth watching TV and saying 5 second links every 30 minutes :(

meme fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 11, 2010

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
Inbetweeners on monday. I can barely contain my excitement. I need it in my life. Anyone know how long this season is running for? standard 6 eps?

Quite enjoying Grandma's house now, was a little leery of the first few episodes, but it's a nice way to kill 30 minutes

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

7seven7 posted:

So there's new Inbetweeners on tonight. Anyone else counting down the hours? My girlfriend wanted to watch it, but she's working while it's on. How long does it take 4oD to put things online?

they're usually pretty good, as a rule the more popular shows are put up faster than others. But it depends, I've caught stuff 15 mins after it went off, and I've had to wait til the next day to watch other stuff. Easier to record it tho if you can.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I did not expect so much testicle. Inbetweeners is just the funniest thing on TV.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Jimbola posted:

Do people even like Buzzcocks anymore?

I think the problem is the 'show' isn't actually that funny, and the format was old even before Lamarr left. Amstell injected life into it, but mostly by taking the piss out of Z-Listers rather than masterful deployment of the intros round or last lines.

I tried to watch a few episodes of the last series and really didn't enjoy them.

Buzzcocks is still good enough to watch. It's not as good as it was but it's only half an hour long, and I laugh a fair few times.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

justcola posted:

Finished watching the first Stephen Hawking's Universe, it's good. I was expecting something like a documentary about the history of the universe but instead it's an hour of speculation about aliens and next week is about time travel. And Benedict Cumberbatch does the voice of Stephen Hawking.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Wasn't what I was expecting, but it was an hour of Stephen Hawking talking about aliens. Quality programming

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Akuma posted:

I know what you mean, but since I've never eaten a big chunk of Mary Jane, or known anyone that has, it didn't bother me as much. They really should have shown some restraint and not had the crazy arm flailing stuff, though. Him babbling about being in a bubble is enough.

I think the joke was "Will is a spaz" not "eating a bit of weed will give you the flailies".

Episode ruled, doesn't matter that wills reaction was over the top, it was still funny!

Edit: Simon and Jay's reactions were fairly realistic, like some of my friends the first time they smoked

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I was literally coiling up into the foetal position when simon was trying to get that girl to put the condom on with her mouth. Jesus Christ. Why are they such poo poo humans. Neil pissing everywhere was loving hilarious. The whole thing with the uni lads was good too. Good episode!

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
You guys caught Harry Enfield's new sketch show? Opinions? I thought it was pretty funny, but I'm not as critical as some of you guys.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
Cock, Piss, Partridge

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Akuma posted:

There was a trailer for the new series of Misfits during Inbetweeners last night. Hooray! It's about time.

Yeah! I almost poo poo myself with glee

just got done watching the first season again the other day, can't wait.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Brown Moses posted:

Misfits series 2 starts on Thursday 11th November.

yess

Can't wait, caught it on on demand a couple months after it came out, remembering the praise it caught on here, thanks guys

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
How do you guys feel about mid morning matters?
I'm enjoying it, really feels like classic partridge to me.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
And wanking on skype, according to the sun

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
why did 4 on demand just make me register with them? i am most displeased

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I actually laughed a couple times at Robert's web, I'll definately watch it again on 4OD. Lazy concept, but so is You've been framed! and that rules too.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I watched Tramadol Nights too, and am similarly unimpressed. I used to find Frankie Boyle hilarious and refuse to believe my comedy sensibilities have changed much since he left mock the week. I'll watch it again but i only laughed at the kitt sketch last night. shock humour's just a bit poo poo i guess?

edit: actually that loose women Iran was pretty good, yeah

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
looking forward to Coronation street's christmas special. It looks loving ridiculous and maybe some of the characters i hate (I hate them all except the dumb one who's going out with wheelchair lady) will die :)

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I'm not a big fan of Merton or Hislop, but they do provide a base level of comedy and they're basically just secondary/tertiary hosts. No belly laughs, but, you know, it'd be worse without them.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Junkenstein posted:

I could have sworn I'd heard there was going to be a Thick of It special airing at the time of the election, but obviously that didn't happen.

No, I definately read that too.
In fact, I seem to remember reading that they were filming 2 episodes of which only one would be used, depending on the results of the election, but the coalition threw a spanner in the works.

Ah well, it didn't occur no matter what was said. shame

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I watch the Daily show every day too, pissed about this. Going to have to install a loving proxy and watch it in america then I guess!

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Carpet posted:

That Panorama (about supermarket food), which I had on in the background while wrapping presents, was distracting because they kept using that whoosh sound effect from the final Icon of Sin level in Doom 2 (according to the Doom Wikia site the catchily named "Disc 6015, track 28-1: Fire,Ball - Impact and large fire burst, rumble").

This poo poo happens all the time, I remember was it Top Gear that had some music from command and conquer?

Do they just have a database with EVERY NOISE ON MEDIA neatly tagged so they can find what they're looking for? Or are the FX guys just massive nerds who have an encyclopaedic knowledge of game noises. :iiam:

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
The lad on the bike who knocks Frank over at the start of shameless is my Cousin!

Other than that, enjoyed shameless a lot tonight, better than the last few season's has been.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
i loving love outnumbered. It's just lovely and funny.

thought it was just some poo poo daytime "comedy" first time I saw it, but it's really grown on me.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Brown Moses posted:

10 o'clock Live starts tonight on Channel 4, with Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr, and Lauren "I'm only here so this thing isn't a complete sausagefest" Laverne.

Will My Crash Diet Kill Me? was pretty decent last night, showed lots of good examples of why people are retarded when it comes to dieting, although it would have been good to have a catch up with the 3 dieters a few months later when they inevitably put back on their weight because they didn't understand anything about diet or nutrition.

I'm looking forward to this too, hope it isn't poo poo! I need this in my life with the daily show getting axed and HIGNFY being a bit pants

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I saw the substation one in school too. born in '92, think I saw it in highschool around.. 2004/5 ish. General studies teacher was really loving reaching with that one.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

goatface posted:

You don't get rich giving away money.

This is something I never understood either. How do these people afford to haemmorhage money everywhere they go? I used to work in a pub in a pretty posh area of my town, and people would drop £20 quid tips- that's almost the value of their meal. What the gently caress is up with that.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Daedo posted:

Did a lot of that not come down to paying royalties for showing certain clips though?

Nope, he actually adressed that in the episode- It was on the BBC, so they could use everything for free

Edit: vvv Fair enough, I didn't know the deal the BBC had didn't extend to TV clips, too.

meme fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 24, 2011

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
So what's this I vaguely remember from watching tv stoned last night about a Spaced remake? I swear I saw a trailer for "Spaced", a sitcom in a flat, but with different actors. Is this a thing and when does it happen?

Edit: vvv Perhaps. I don't remember American accents but it was late and I'd been smoking. Maybe I'm misremembering.

meme fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 5, 2011

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
Just caught buzzcocks- it's always at it's best when stuff goes a bit wrong (or at least appears to) and I enjoy Fieldings weird. Don't really watch it anymore, but that was a funny episode, kept me laughing and killed 30 mins.

Edit: definately think the show's on its arse at the moment, but I reckon if they got a good permanent host and maybe revamped some of the games it could be the highlight of the week for me like it used to.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
Anyone know about:

A new series of Peep show?
New proper Brooker (screen/newswipe)?
Any half decent sketch shows that aren't Fast Show, Mitchell & Webb look or that other one with the two blokes?

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
Good suggestions, guys, I've seen burnistoun and Limmy's show, they're both great, but I've only seen one or two episodes of both. I don't get the hate for Mitchell and Webb look, but it strikes a particular chord with me, I certainly laugh more at it than my friends.

Watched about half of that panorama special but got too depressed to carry on and decided to watch some It's always sunny in philadelphia. The child begging thing happens all over the world, was reading an article on Chinasmack before about how tens of thousands of kids are kidnapped and sold into slavery begging on the street every year.

Edit: I agree, it is grim, wasn't trying to say "oh thats just the way it is quit moaning".

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Cokeysmoke posted:

What's the general consensus about Fresh Meat in the thread? I've been putting it off every time it's on and I'm considering watching it all on 4OD.

I can't speak for the thread at large, but I've been enjoying it. Watching it with my mate every week over a few spliffs, few belly laughs, but I like it. It's on my weekly rotation of shows for sure, but I guess the next episode is the last, what with British TV being poo poo.

Edit: wormophile your avatar is freaking me the gently caress out, every time I scroll onto one of your posts I am hypnotised for a good 20 seconds. It's becoming a barrier to productivity

meme fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 27, 2011

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm just watching Grand Designs now and my god these people... I think the best way to sum them up would be greedy, inconsiderate, and devoid of taste. The wife in particular seems intolerable. And those hats, those stupid loving hats.

Good design for the building though, considering the limitations imposed by the stupid choice of location. The basement construction was very impressive. I can't help but wonder how much better it could have been if they had built outside of the city though.

Who watches Grand Designs at 5am?

I caught that one earlier, I was impressed with the design but by the end I just wanted them to all drown in that dumb loving basement

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Fatty posted:

Thats pretty much the point, I think my favourite moment last series was John Humphreys (national treasure) corpsing at Vics terrifying painting of him.

second clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSySmxiSmY&feature=related

Fuckin love shooting stars

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Mr. Squishy posted:

At first I was unconvinced, but then somebody laughed for five straight minutes at her own joke. Give this show a BAFTA.

I caught this too, thought it was great. Was flicking through the iPlayer and thought "Why not?" best decision I made that night!

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

aga. posted:

I hold out some small hope the new ones may be good. This does look a bit like 3 homeless people and their social worker though.

Well, Cat chased some bin men with a katana a few years back ( http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2008/02/16/red-dwarf-star-arrested-for-brandishing-samurai-sword-at-binmen-115875-20320988/ ) and got kicked off storymakers (I believe, that show owned and I always used to watch it with my little sister), Kryten is making one of those Scrapheap shows, and Lister is playing a depressed jiltee on Corro. Rimmer's heading some fairly high brow engineering program, so he looks best. The rest look appropriately harrowed

Edit: I'm 100% ready for new Red Dwarf, I literally dont give a gently caress how bad it is I'll watch every one. I mean, remember season 8? We all sat through it, and nothing could be worse. Back to Earth was better than Season 8.

Edit 2: Can anyone explain why they decided to write the Red Dwarf out of the show? Starbug sucked and I dont get why they decided to not use such a great set? was it a budgetary issue?

meme fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 30, 2011

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.

Taear posted:

Series 8 is pretty good. Series 7 is the poo poo one. At least series 8 has all the characters in. I find if you watch it on the DVD instead of having it split up into two then three seperate episodes it's a lot funnier. Plus Series 8 had "HAVE A GREAT PERIOD" in it. Meanwhile Back to Earth was a bizzare Blade Runner parody decades too late. Not that it didn't have a few laughs in it but generally it felt like an awkward version of the League of Gentlemen film, and that was awkward enough.

It's been a while, I initially wrote series 7 but then changed it to 8 because I've not quite got the memory for Red Dwarf I thought I had!

I got that moving the cast to Starbug was to give them a purpose and introduce some dynamic scenery, but I don't think it really worked. They were already chasing earth, and with the Dwarf they had BOTH a labyrinthine space hulk with heaven knows how many secrets to uncover, AND Starbugs. I just dont get how such bad decisions were made by people who get paid to do this kind of stuff. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most every episode up to around S7, but it always seemed that the show worked in spite of the sets, forced drama, and weird behind-the-scenes decisions, rather than because of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meme
Oct 7, 2009

You are welcome.
I'm okay with new Brooker. The guy still has stuff to say, except now people will let him on TV to say it. Surely that's a good thing, right? Newswipe and Screenwipe rule, but I've enjoyed some of his new stuff a lot too. That How TV Ruined Your Life was pretty good. He's more mellow, but we'll see tonight if he still has his edge.

to add to the Mitchell discussion, whatever happened to the Bubble? I loved that program, did it get cancelled? I remember there was a guy who uploaded them all to youtube, does anyone have the link? it was something like "The Ball of Air".

Edit: vvv Cheers for the link man, that's me for a few hours now!

meme fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 30, 2011