Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

The Perfect Element posted:

Worth bearing in mind that all of it is up on See-Saw for free, if you're a cheap-skate like me :)

I already own both Partridge DVDs might as well complete my Coogan Awkward Man Collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Remember those guys in your IT classes in secondary school who'd get around the blocking to view Rotten.com all the time?

That sounds like a show for them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wish Canned Laughter was banned from our TV, it is so off putting to me.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

LE0N posted:

Envelope-gate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAneU22gAaM

I hope Jezza is ok :ohdear:

I kinda want to play frisbee now with ol' pizza-face there.

He might miss and knock yoa ought.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I pity anyone outside the UK seeing Jeremy Kyle. It is like some twisted 21st century freak show from the horrors of the latest idiots to the gurning taunting audiance and Kyle himself the twisted Ringmaster of it all.

I don't need to self hate my class anymore than possible but the show really doesn't help.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Graviton v2 posted:

ahaaa!

Jurassic Park!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Don't draw a cock!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ein Bear posted:

Robert a bit slow on the uptake there! I don't know what he had for breakfast. Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap.

Just making a quick joke there about how infected cattle feed can attack the central nervous system.

Yes! Its an extender!

I could quote Alan Partridge all day.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To quote the silly PC Gamer article, Winnars of the thread at the moment, Inbetweeners and Theroux while the Faildogs(?) are Jeremy Kyle.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Adrianics posted:

Does not compute.

You got to mean it was done by the guy who was working as a runner for the writers of the Green Wing right?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Last Him and Her I think this week, gently caress Steve for not liking Steven Fry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I personally think everyone is broken in Peepshow.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Adrianics posted:

Chris Moyles, Jack Whitehall and Patrick Kielty together in any context is not good unless it is "the following people are on fire".

I second this opinion. Hard.

But yeah, I think we all do that when we bad mouth the poo poo out of somebody we barely know and then suddenly we meet then and they aren't that bad. It really makes you feel low.

I've still got my fingers crossed that Brooker might do a few more documentaries about Gaming.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I personally heard one of the most painful things from Moyles fat gob on a bus to college a few years ago when he was interviewing Halle Berry.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It is like somebody mated with a Spitting Image puppet, poor lad :(.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I take it Simon got closure with Carli dumping him via text in the last episode? and Neils reaction to his post STD news was the happiest a man could be.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I can't hate James Blunt, his music is annoying but he was a goddamn Tank Captain who became a musician.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They should just have a TV show where they give Dara a crate of beer, 48 hours and a modern game and demand him to complete it anyway possible.

That'd be entertaining.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am so eager to see what happened to Mr Jolly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Ddraig posted:

This would be very entertaining, as he seems to be incredibly bad at them. I remember his segment on Gameswipe about how he couldn't get past the berserker in gears of war.

Which is why the premise would be utterly hilarious, I want to hear the confused drunken ramblings of a Irishman wondering who the hell are half the bands in Rock Bands or Guitar Hero now trying to work for a song he knows and wants to play.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I never knew Harry Hill was a Doctor.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Jack Dee certainly has won himself some new respect in my book. I'd love to see the look of the face of those idiots agent too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Phoon posted:

Yesterday I watched the weirdest My Family's Crazy Gap Year. The guy was going to sail the Atlantic with his wife and child. I got three quarters of the way through it before I was interrupted and he still hadn't set sail and I'm pretty sure he had destroyed his marriage and spent all his money.

Also at one point he built a flamethrower in case of pirates.

Remember when that show was about a frustrated middle aged dentist having a mid life crisis?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Wow, Jo Brand has evolved into everyones Nan.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They will blow it all on subscriptions to Tank Model Monthly and 1980s computer parts before the week is through.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Graviton v2 posted:

I actually kinda fancy her, am I weird?

Get off the internet, Doctor Who.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UmYOmTG3B0

Somewhat low-key new Alan Partridge trailer. Not much, just some clips set to mournful music, but guess who co-stars?

TIM KEY :)

I love how things tech wise has changed in the studio but Alan still looks like when we last saw him in 2002.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I don't see the hate for Gavin and Stacey. It is okay to watch.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Do we have to do equally awful adaptions of American TV to get the message across now?

How can we make a terrible British version of Breaking Bad or The Wire?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Aatrek posted:

I just started Skins, and have a question about the educational system in the UK. I'm assuming these kids are in an equivalent to high school here in the US (usually, ages 15-18), but they say that they're in college? In the US, 'college' is just like 'university,' so I don't really understand the school they're at, I guess.

Also, do teachers really swear at their students as much as they do in this show?

Until recently you could leave school at sixteen, our colleges are government funded community college things. We have Universities which are more traditional hardcore education establishments like the US ones though.

And no, none of my Community College Professors swore.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Aatrek posted:

Oh, that's very different. We go to high school through age 18, generally, and then move on to higher education. If we go to college (aka 'uni'), it's usually a two to four year enrollment right after high school.

Our Middle and High Schools are combined into a neat public school package of suffering and unhealthy school dinners know as Secondary School.

Not sure how the private school system works.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just reading about Dispatches is making me more depressed than usual.

Also, something rare TV wise is up on YouTube but I'm not sure about the rules. Should I keep it mum?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Spill the beans, drat you :argh:

(AFAIK, if it's up on Youtube, it's fair game until they take it down)

Get Some In, late seventies comedy about National Service RAF Airmen on YouTube now up to series five.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

goatface posted:

Never heard of it. Is it actually good?

I'm enjoying it more than Dads Army, which is a classic. They seem very accurate about the time the tv program is set in (mid fifties).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

Never heard of it, but seeing as my grandfather is the biggest Dad's Army fan in the world and also served in the RAF for national service in the 50's, I'm gonaa buy him the boxset for xmas right now.

My old man loves it apparently despite being former RAF Infantry, so your granddad is going to enjoy it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FelchTragedy posted:

There is an interview on Youtube with the witer Harlan Ellison back in the 70's where he praises British shows, but was shocked at the level of racism that Get Some In had. He was amazed at the use of the term "Chinky Bint". He said that the UK had some highs and lows but you only see the best stuff imported on PBS. He wrote books about TV called the Glass Teat and a sequel to that that people hail as really good and even prescient about the nature of TV.

Double edged sword with our old telly, I swore it was cheeky when I heard said phrase due to the accents. I can't watch Love Thy Neighbor despite it being excellent because of the white neighbors racism makes me cringe.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, the Corporal who spouted such stunning lines is horrible bitter little man anyways.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Gentlemen please we all know what the superior show is about mid teenage life.

Obviously Grange Hill is the winner.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Whites is decent to watch yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The books were okay but those terrible jokes of UGH TEACHERS AND SCHOOL DINNERS will flop if translated into TV comedy.