Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

Pablo Bluth posted:

BBC3 is to broadcast a six part drama series about Lesbians. With lots of sex.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/oct/09/lip-service-bbc3-lesbian-drama

I think we can be confident that no heterosexual males will be watching...

I loving hate how "three 20-something Glasgow lesbians" becomes "two English and one with a horribly-put on ScoTTish accent, blatantly 30-somethings in what could be any city". Since it's been pushed back since April and from the teasers I've seen, it'll basically be a carbon copy of Bridget Jones-esque films/books with no redeeming or original qualities, beyond "They're chasing....other girls :siren::wth::siren:" . Wonderful. God BBC3 is a terrible channel.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Hoops posted:

Frankie Boyle definitely overdoes Scotland/Glasgow gags
I'm sorry, while Kevin "Schcawtland" Bridges is still alive no oval office can be accused of this.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

midge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pRKA6lqsfg

Just.....just leaving this here.

Someone please itemise whoever is in this, there's a vague memory of finding some of the people being familiar when I was 1, the fat bugger with the Eastenders cast and the black kids show (I assume) presenter in particular, along with those firefighters.

Hoops posted:

So I'm watching the third episode of Episodes, and it's okay enough and I'm perfectly willing to give it half an hour of my week (even though I'm not really a fan of Tamsin Grieg or Stephen Mangan), but something about the title sequence really, really annoys me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Likewise, I think it's the music, it's a bit too... cliched? Twee?

edit: Watching the third episode, not to mention long-winded, thanks especially to the typing thing for 'previously' and 'episode x', along with the recap, although that's possibly due to the fact that it's also being broadcast in America and they seem to be big on that.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 25, 2011

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

TheVertigoOfBliss posted:

You are just a loving idiot.

What does Burns have to do with;

a] Gaelic?
b]The highlands?

What three things do only teuchters care about?

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

Space Butler posted:

I don't think he quite knows what actual food is anymore. He pitched some of that dry ice bullshit to the hospital too. he's obsessed with the stuff.

I don't think its so much obsessed as trying to keep himself popular through that loving gimmick.

Also, does anyone remember that TV show that was somewhat similar to Doc Martin, except the Doctor in this case was 1) involved in a train crash of some kind and 2) had a family? The last episode I saw involved him diving off the boat to the mainland and swimming back to his family (I think the wife was shagging someone else or something), it's been bugging me for ages.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

The Supreme Court posted:

Yeah, even if you legitimately don't have a TV, they show up at strange hours demanding to search your house for one. Repeatedly.

It's easier just to buy a TV and a licence.

Then you send them a letter revoking their right to approach your property or whatever the term is. Works absolute wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

loving hell, when that Sam kid started crying on Educating Essex it made ME cry, it was just heartbreaking.

Which means I'm going to be a loving terrible secondary school teacher when I start on Monday :/

Do you mean Gabriella? Sam was the wee manipulative turd of a boy who I don't think cried. He did put his head down on the desk and shook his shoulders a little to get his exclusion dropped.