Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!
Robert a bit slow on the uptake there! I don't know what he had for breakfast. Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap.

Just making a quick joke there about how infected cattle feed can attack the central nervous system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I'm not much of a fan of Frankie Boyle either. He's not terrible, but he does rely too much on the 'shocking' "A BEAR RAPED A SCHOOLBOY IN GLASGOW!" stuff instead of actually telling a joke.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

New Patridge is absolutely perfect, though I hope they manage to fit in a bit of Michael at some point.

Y'never had a cuppabeans man?

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

The real mystery is why ITV have 4 channels, when they don't have enough decent programming to fill one.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Ian Hislop would be funnier if he didn't smugly look at the audience every time he makes a joke.

I like HIGNFY, but it really could use some freshening up. Merton and Hislop are starting to get a bit stale.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

I really find Jimmy Carr's continued success confusing. I don't know if I'm just missing his good stuff, but every time I see him it seems to be alongside other comedians (hosting 8 out of 10 Cats/Big Fat Quiz for example) where he just can't keep up. Everyone else seems to make jokes at his expense whilst he just stands and laughs awkwardly. I don't think I've ever see him crack a genuinely funny joke.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

So I watched Black Mirror and thought it was aces and then felt compelled to make this. Spoilers for the show if you haven't caught it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4cpfhSOFI

:golfclap:

I lost it when the Coldplay music kicked in.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Just caught up on Life's too Short, was hoping it'd pick up, but it's still a bit weak. To be honest I don't know why they didn't just make another series of Extras instead. All the funny parts are the bits with Ricky/Steve, a famous person, or Barry from Eastenders. Why not just make the show that's entirely that stuff?

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Ehh, I wasn't really feeling that one to be honest... Last weeks was a little overt about everything, but this didn't even try to be subtle. Probably would have enjoyed it more if it had been edited down a tad, but an hour and a half was a bit much.

Some really great acting though!

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Luxury Comedy was embarrassing to watch, basically just 20 minutes of Noel Fielding doing the 'lol random' stuff that you do when you're 10 years old. I always thought Boosh had some charm to it ("What is Leeds?" "Leeds is a state of mind.") but this was just godawful. Julian Barratt must be the talented one I guess.

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

The sheer volume of Olympic adverts is starting to get to me. I'm fed up of hearing a load of sappy bollocks about ~DREAMS~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Sod that namby pamby bollocks about 'the next generation', those spotty teenagers should make way for Sir Steve loving Redgrave. The man's spent two decades winning enough medals to double the country's gold reserves, he's far more deserving of lighting the flame than some kids that might be good at some sports one day.

Other than that, thought the ceremony was great! Bond and the Queen was such a great :wtc: moment.