Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Daimo posted:

Those two programs epitomise exactly what is wrong with America.

They sometimes show the British versions. They are infinitely more hilarious.

Once I watched an upper class girl ride into a tent on a horse painted like a zebra. She was angry she couldn't get an actual zebra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The thing with Will at the end is his main reason for getting angry is that everyone in the party immediately turns against him and then the girl claims he tried to have sex with her, when actually he did the slightly more noble thing by not using her for blowjobs.

I think he's mostly angry at himself for not getting blowjobs.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yesterday I watched the weirdest My Family's Crazy Gap Year. The guy was going to sail the Atlantic with his wife and child. I got three quarters of the way through it before I was interrupted and he still hadn't set sail and I'm pretty sure he had destroyed his marriage and spent all his money.

Also at one point he built a flamethrower in case of pirates.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It was confirmed for a second season ages ago, the first is only a half season, six episodes.

Enjoyed the Trip. It wasn't mind blowing or anything but it was good natured fun.

Who's hosting buzzcocks this week?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I dispute that any of the people on the only connect celebrity special were celebrities.

...Except for Adam Hart Davis.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Every loving HIGNFY Ian complains about Twitter. Every single loving one.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

He doesn't even make jokes about it any more though he's just an old man that doesn't understand the internet complaining.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Atomic Dog posted:

Tim Westwood hosting buzzcocks!

Oh Westwood how I hate you.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

I wish I didn't know so much about the two big soaps but apparently Ronnie's much wanted baby dies of cot death and she swaps her dead one for Kat's healthy one and lets her think her babies dead but I don't think thats the Xmas story since neither of them have had the baby yet. Seems like Eastenders is doing a low key Xmas story like Stacy going down for muder because Corrie is doing the big ol train crash massacre thing.

Jesus Christ this is the most ridiculous thing.

I'm getting really sick of HIGNFY. Paul Merton hasn't been funny in years and Ian Hislop just gets smugger and smugger. Also so much of every episode is just funny stuff they've found online its just lazy.

At least Buzzcocks can still be amazing with the right host... :allears: Minchin

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Juliette Lewis was amazing. Her delivery was utterly terrible but I loved how amusing the team captains found the whole mess.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Mongrels was good too. I imagine its a love it or hate it thing but drat everything marion says cracks me up.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

marktheando posted:

I wonder if that girl who clearly fancied Louis is one of the ones who broke away.

I think she is, I remember him talking about it on the radio and it sounded like one of the daughters was the focus of the whole thing.

I caught the end of Fern and there was some sort of blind date game featuring dogs and at the end Fern said they had booked the new couple a restaurant and a hotel. How forward of her.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

Is there a reason the episodes of mongrels on the iplayer site are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7? Was episode 7 (the youtube one) the one that was actually on TV and they've just chosen the wrong running order, or is it an iplayer mistake?

Episode 5 is on my friend's virgin box iplayer apparently, but not on the browser one. On the plus side episode 7 is amazing.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I didn't love it. Did anyone else pick up that the news report being shown the first time they cut to the news is about an artist who's exhibition at the tate has been shut down as it is considered too vulgar?

I immediately texted my friend "So it was the artist from the news that kidnapped her?"

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

That's what I mean, it was entirely unsurprising.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I

Still my favourite Mitchell & Webb sketch.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

They should replace Hammond and Clarkson with slightly younger people and keep James May imo, and they should debut the new cast with a special.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I don't agree, I think its the format, and whilst he is behind the format there's nothing stopping the bbc from bringing in new people and retaining/aping the format, though it will be very difficult to find three people with equivalently entertaining chemistry

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah they're massively scripted. Someone else could script them.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I would very much like to see a Partridge Top Gear special

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Ugh Chris Evans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Dara is someone I could see being on top gear