Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phujck
Apr 24, 2010

I keep coming here out of some misplaced sense of history, but I don't /want/ to be here.

Padje posted:

You HAVE to watch the latest episode of Don't Tell The Bride on iPlayer. One of the most hilarious and depressing reality tv debacles I have ever seen. I'd explain exactly why, but I'd hate to ruin the multitude of surprises as one man sets about taking a machete to his life over 3 weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tp553/Dont_Tell_the_Bride_Series_4_Simon_and_Kaleigh/

That man is a war crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phujck
Apr 24, 2010

I keep coming here out of some misplaced sense of history, but I don't /want/ to be here.

Brown Moses posted:

I saw Stewart Lee in Leicester a few weeks ago, and unknown to me he was supported by Simon Munnery, who was very funny even though most the audience had no idea who he was.
I'm hoping Stewart Lee's material about his Japanese hating, crisp loving grandfather makes it to his new series, along with his David Cameron story.

I saw this at Warwick Arts Centre!

Did he happen to go on an extended rant about Russell Howard there too?

phujck
Apr 24, 2010

justcola posted:

Thanks for writing that, I was a little bored by the first half hour and just got up the stephen hawking bit when I decided to have a nap. I wish Horizon would get over the double slit experiment, gosh. I'm not sure if it's because of the stuff I watch but it's been in pretty much all of them with various degrees of cgi.

I quite liked Nathan Barley. But I'm an art student so see/saw a lot of what they were riffing on. Welcome to creativilization.

The double slit experiment is not something you can "get over". The Copenhagen interpretation is pretty loving agnostic about what's going on, which is problematic when you can get the result not just using electrons, but freaking bucky balls. Those are big molecules- if they experience quantum effects too, it makes it all the more loving mysterious why we don't. Decoherence theory is not as convincing as it should be!

tl,dr;

Double slit experiment is very important, and it's the go to example for a much bigger interpretational issue.

phujck
Apr 24, 2010

That enormous grey construction, what could it be?

Is it a shark?

Is it a dead rhino?

No! It's a terrifying flatpack Death Mask of John Lennon!