Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010

Sion posted:

Hustle talk:

Albert :ohdear:

More like :smith:

Really took me by surprise, was expecting the classic Hustle out-of-the-bag-at-the-last-minute ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Years and Years is very RTD, with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer you'd expect from his stuff. With that said, the cast is good and there are some great moments. The end of the first episode, for example is chilling.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Mawaan's attempt to pick up the phone box and inflate an egg had me belly laughing. It's only one episode in but it already feels like the best lineup in years.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Absolutely outrageous that Daisy's non-upside down film got more points than Richard Herring's.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Yeah, it was a series of poor tasks in the latest episode. The security guard one was particularly bad.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Line of Duty would have worked better if each series had been a self contained investigation.

Instead we got this absurdly self-referential, over-the-top mess sustained apparently because nobody wanted to be the first to admit that it was poo poo and only the first couple of series were any good.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Was Noggin the Nog Postgate?

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I've avoided Peaky Blinders on the assumption it's in the same bracket as Line of Duty as largely poo poo but due to a collective desperate belief that the BBC can still make decent dramatic TV everyone has subconsciously decided to pretend it's really good and warrants hyping up. The above plot summaries don't fill me with confidence to change this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I'm not sure why you'd bring back a show like Happy Valley after so long only to spend what feels like two thirds of a six episode series on filler plot lines that go nowhere.

The only really hanging thread from the end of the second series was Ryan's letters to Tommy Lee Royce. That story was resolved reasonably well (Line of Duty-esque court escape aside) but that could have been the focus of the series without the PE teacher/Pharmacist stuff.