Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Junkenstein posted:

One-off episode of Knightmare going up on youtube for Geek Week or some nonsense.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jul/24/knightmare-revived-youtube-geek-week

I should've have looked here before starting a thread :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Speaking of Channel 4 are they really going to be showing a show where people have sex in front of a live studio audience? Heard people refer to it but assumed it was a joke.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Can anyone tell me who plays the Simon bloke in this weeks Silent Witness? Looks familiar but it's not an up to date IMDB, I found that out when Tobias Menzies guest starred in one a few weeks back.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thanks, he has one of those faces I guess. Also, I'm a fan of Silent Witness but I'm hoping that this week isn't another inside job because surely the writers realise how stale that angle is becoming?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
All I can ever think of when I hear Lovejoy's name

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I caught a bit of Reflex hosted by Shane Ritchie last night. It was so poo poo it was good :downs:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Prey is looking well set up for the final episode. I foolishly made a thread for it before remembering this thread exists.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can't work out if Come Dine With Me: The Couples is superior to the original or not. What do my fellow goons of make of it?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'd be a bit annoyed if former anti-gay political candidate who finally plucked up the 'bravery' to reveal his trans struggle just a week before appearing on celebrity big brother wins, to be honest.

Hopefully George wins and Kelly Brook's idiot fiancé cracks into Frenchie ending their engagement so I can start pretending I have a chance again.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Did anyone watch Marvellous? Absolutely brilliant.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm surprised GBS hasn't picked this up as a gif and ran with it yet, could be the new El Hadj Diouf.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm glad hat boy went because I was raging about his disregard for the brief.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
They did a spot on the breakfast news the other day saying it is one of their most successful exports in terms of the original show and selling the format to other countries, so yes they are raking it in.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Was it last season where one woman picked a dessert to make that was also the technical?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
My girlfriend watches Hollyoaks and it's the most ridiculous poo poo ever, like all other soaps combined into one show on steroids. Seriously from the bits and pieces I've caught one character a week dies and they'll have stuff like a serial killer plot and gun battle on a bridge in the same episode (despite the plots being completely unrelated!).

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Akuma posted:

The best Hollyoaks storyline I saw was a pregnant lady in her wedding dress tied up in a dungeon under the main street by a serial killer so he could steal the baby after she gave birth.

Funnily enough someone was saying at work the other day they had let their 8 year old son watch Hollyoaks and now he thinks it's acceptable to lock a woman in the cellar and beat her up as long as he gives her a cuddle now and again to show he loves her :stare:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
From what I can gather last week Mercedes went from telling her wheelchair bound boyfriend she was carrying his child, to flirting with other men then telling him it wasn't his child so they split up, to the child dying, for them to get back together after the child's death and it turns out it was his child but she isn't going to tell him now because it will ruin things. This isn't even the main storyline right now :shrug:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Al2001 posted:

She's also a Tory who whines about how much tax she pays, despite being incredibly rich, if that helps.

Like an upmarket Mylene Klass.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Can't find a thread (I may be wrong), is this a good as place as any to talk about Ripper Street Season 4?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Challenge is showing the original series of UK Gladiators on Sunday night and it is glorious.

Thought GBBO was good though didn't agree with the star baker pick, thought the geezer who aced the technical should've got it.

I love Jaffa cakes but I'm sure they're something ridiculous fat wise per Jaffa :smith:

When is The Apprentice back?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Personally I think it's a result that Mel and Sue aren't going with it: they're very irritating though part of the furniture I suppose. The way Mel says 'bake' when they set them off :chloe:

But this is a minority opinion judging by social media.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries is excellent.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Tandoh follows that tweet up by slagging him off for turning up in super cars and revving the engine. drat you Paul Hollywood, why must you oppress everyone with your money and love of cars :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
To follow that up I should clarify a good friend of mine who is a professional cake maker has worked with Paul Hollywood and said he is a wanker and reeks of fags, also apparently a lot shorter than he appears on tv :shrug:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No way, my ex-girlfriend's mother was an real life Hyacinth Bucket so I feel like the show was a valuable warning about the life I was getting myself into.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Angrymog posted:

IIRC the Bill used to be quite good when it was short self-contained stories in each episode. Many many years ago.

PC Gabriel Kent's arc was something to behold

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can't believe they had tits out on Heartbeat, always struck me as very vanilla? Am I hallucinating or did Greengrass get a spin off?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Didn't that have Manic Street Preachers 'Australia' as the theme song? That always confused me.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Probably a case of 'don't poo poo on your own doorstep'

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Marvellous was amazing, he seems to have been in everything since then.

Silent Witness new two parter was alright, very topical though with the old refugee human trafficking angle. My friend's brother is a pathologist, I asked if he runs around solving mysteries like Silent Witness, the answer was a predictable no. It's murder by numbers but enjoyable enough. Not much Jack in this one though.

New Sherlock was alright, marked improvement over the first one, not as good as the first two series but that seemed inevitable.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Saw a granny's tits on Through the Keyhole last night, that'll teach me to apathetically leave the things on whilst on my phone.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Did anyone bother with Little Boy Blue?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Maddy McCann documentary on tonight :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is Bigheads as horrendous as I imagine it will be?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dikkfor posted:

I saw a fragment of it on a muted tv while shopping and it stopped me dead in my tracks for a good minute or so.

Best way to watch it imho.

The ad came on tv while visiting in laws and I felt like Matilda eating dinner with her family.

Little Boy Blue was overall good, although understandably not for everyone given the subject matter. Stephen Graham knocks it out of the park as always.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I feel that Julia possibly shouldn't be on Bake Off if she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown at the mildest constructive criticism.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I like the way he just jettisoned all pretence of innuendo during the technical and went straight for the 'I'll get me arse out' joke.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
New Mitchell and Webb sitcom!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pissflaps posted:

Also I enjoyed the first episode of Back a lot.

I enjoyed it, cautiously optimistic on that showing. Was a little concerned they were going overboard with the background music in the opening five minutes. That's probably just my brain being broke by defaulting to Peep Show as something to watch all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pissflaps posted:

The line about vinyl making a comeback in Back was really good.

I think the strengths of all Mitchell and Webb vehicles are Mitchell going apoplectic about something.

Re: Bakeoff that's a good point, I personally find it a lot harder to predict star baker than who is leaving.