Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

If we're having a puppet quota on panel shows like the female comedian quota, I hope next week we see Zippy, Sooty and Gonzo on the panel show triad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Trin Tragula posted:

Could someone explain to me what the point of Holy Flying Circus was? I'm sure there's some kind of grand cosmic irony in trying to write a pisstake of docudramas based around the Life of Brian controversy and ending up with "the kind of tenth-rate stuff that the Footlights would come up with on a wet Saturday afternoon".

Skip it, watch the rerun of the infamous Friday Night, Saturday Morning episode instead. Like most people I'd only ever seen clips, and what they (and the reconstruction) don't get across is how utterly shocking it is to see the complete and total intellectual dishonesty of two intelligent men constructing 40 minutes worth of spitefully bilious arguments that are entirely based on a false premise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b016bgt2/Friday_Night_Saturday_Morning/

Or people could watch Holy Flying Circus and come to their own conclusions instead of just writing it off and skipping it. :ironicat:

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Derren Brown seems like a genuinely nice man who just knows too much for his own good.

Edit - Christ, Louise Mensch is so bloody vile.

Daius fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 22, 2011

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Soaps are a necessary evil because if the millions of people who watch them couldn't live vicariously through the characters, they would all start going slowly mad and before you know it they'll all come to your local at 8pm and start acting out their own fantasy soap scenes.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Honestly Eastenders would be much improved if it had included a sub-plot about Minty having a traumatic prostate exam.

Although for all I know that might actually have happened.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

WMain00 posted:

If that ever happened to me without prior knowledge I would spend the rest of my time systematically destroying both Darren and the producers.

For the unnecessary amount of bile you have towards this harmless TV entertainer one would assume he'd already had your house smashed up.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Another radio suggestion is Just a Minute, but then again I may just like that because I have a mental age of about 65.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Tempo 119 posted:

They are actually working on making this worse right now with the proposed move to permanent GMT+1 time.

Please tell me that you're not being serious.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Fatkraken posted:

You're right, it WAS a cracking episode

I'd probably post in a thread if there was one (it'd most likely just be you and me but oh well)

Is this is a pun, is Phil Mitchell back on crack?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Leyburn posted:

the funny one on Mock the Week.

Dara Ó Briain, surely?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Taear posted:

I find him really annoying and overly american.

Is there a single American TV personality who appears on our screens who couldn't be described as "overly american" by someone who just doesn't like them?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

15 million merits made me feel awful and also made incredibly worried about Brooker. I hope he doesn't hate himself half as much as that ending made out.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

But then, by the traditions of the Sith, Comedy Dave would become the new dark lord of radio.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

justcola posted:

I heard one of my friends pronounce TMWRNJ as a word rather than saying the title. It took me about a minute to realise what he was on about.

Tuhwumrunjuh!

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

The right thing to do with McDonalds fries is dip them in a McFlurry.

American sleeper agent spotted.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

As a jaded Mighty Boosh fan I have to see this.

Here you go -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yaoiL5srGQ&t=280s

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Haggis Heed posted:

And the Stewart Lee fanboys have arrived. How utterly predictable.

We were all already here.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

The problem with the entire atmosphere of Mock the Week is that its like a sixth form common room where a bunch of people who think they're funnier than they actually are loudly competing for attention. It's not something conducive to most female comedians anyway.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Martin Freeman's poo poo though??

Nah he's great.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Private Eye posted:

As much as I like Bill Bailey, I don't think his voice suits to narrating a nature programme. Though we have been spoiled for decades with the big D.

I really liked his Alfred Russel Wallace documentary he did last year. If he has enough enthusiasm for something he can really run with it/

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

marktheando posted:

Just what are you saying here? That it's impossible for Doctor Who to have good writing? Because that's bollocks, there are many well written episodes.

Yeah, several decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I'm not sure the delicate youth of the 21st century could comprehend The Head without having some sort of psychotic break.