Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

Muppetjedi posted:

Did anyone watch Robert llewellyn's carpool on Dave last night?

With Rob Brydon? Such a great mimic. Every episode I've seen so far is great. Such a simple concept, and as long as you have an interesting guest, the show is great.

Richard Herring said on his blog that they drive you around for 3 hours and edit it down to make you look good....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

panel shows

As slotbadger bulletpointed, 'Charm Offensive' is immense. You can find a few shows of CO, along with previously mentioned 'Banter' and 'Heresy' -

http://www.fistoffun.net/downloads.htm

Hell, everyone should just listen to 'Lionel Nimrod's Inexplicable World' and 'Lee & Herring's Fist Of Fun' fullstop!

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

Beeswax posted:

You know what is and was great? Attention scum. That's what.

Wonder if it'll ever make it to DVD.

Have you seen the pilot for 'Cluub Zarathrustra'? Someone recently whacked it up on youtube. I think it effectively became 'Attention Scum' but hey, you just don't see enough experimental Dadaist TV...

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

The Milder comedian show is immense, but you really need to see the whole thing. I think the night before the DVD came out, there was a 15 second ad for it on Dave or Comedy Central and it was just a 10 second clip of Stew saying 'It's a letter...from a pirate...this is meant to the fun bit at the top of the show'.

I don't think that ad increased the sales of the DVD for some reason...

In other, actual TV news, Richard Herring will be on Celebrity Mastermind on Dec 27th, special subject - Rasputin.

birmingha fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 8, 2010

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

nationalista posted:

Do people who watch soaps just not give a poo poo about spoilers? It seems like people are always saying "ooh must watch tonight, so-and-so's gonna die". It seems like the TV guides pretty much tell you exactly what's gonna happen weeks before it actually airs. What's that all about? If spoilers for something I watched were unavoidable I'd be well pissed off.

I kind of think that leaking interesting/exciting plot points probaly inflates the audience. I mean, 'working class people, living' doesn't sound thrilling compared to 'Tune in and see X die!'

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010
The new Stew was good. I don't think I've ever heard him speak so quickly at the top of the show. I saw the same 'Charity' routine a few months back in Birmingham and he performed it with a lot more 'silence', which I preferred...

The Armando chats are great. I'd love to see Armando have a talk show in that style. Which, if you like, you can get pretty much every episode of Armando's Charm offensive legally online... You can find the couple that Stew appears on from fistoffun.net too.

Just booked tickets to see this:

http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/dance-performance/tickets/at-last-the-1981-show-58634

Which led me to the wonderful and bizarre stand-up of Kevin McAleer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FMjCB5-xw8

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010
Those early Stew videos are excellent. Thanks for sharing them. Roll on FoF DVD!

SLCV2 is all well and good, but being 21, I might have missed out on a lot of 'older' non-mainstream comedy. I like Attention Scum, Asylum, strange standup bits from Saturday Live I can find on YouTube (Kevin McAleer is brilliant)... Is there anything else like that I can check out?

And Ratjaculation, the fact that noone has commented on your hidden Dave is hilarious. He's going to in Nottingham tomorrow, opening a new Uni building...

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

ScipioAfro posted:

I was walking out the room at the time, but the trail for Comedy vehicle sounded like it said Alan Moore is on? Do yous think it's going to be for a few minutes at the end like the musicians?

I do know that Alan Moore has filmed some extras for the SLCV2 DVD release (it says so on either Stew's site or the amazon pre-order page).

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010

wickles posted:

Doubt it considering Lee took the piss out of him on his last tour.

All the more reason for him to be there. Stew is on good terms with him as well as Jimmy Carr, Al Murray and Frank Skinner (saw him at the 'At Last! The 1981 Show' last Monday) and he's ripped the piss out of all them at some point.

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010
Did C4 have anything like 'Friends' (schedule black hole filler/catch all decent ratings rerun style show) before 'Friends?' I'm 21 and I don't remember a time when that show wasn't seemingly everywhere.

Two non-TV related things: Stewart Lee has a new edition of HIEMCF tomorrow, with commentaries on SLCV2. Also, where on SA, if at all, can we talk about the Edinburgh Fringe Festival?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birmingha
Nov 8, 2010
salivating-daily mail-reading-ballbag on question time: 'come on prescott, all you do is quote facts and figures'

yeah. you can prove anything with facts.