Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Metrication posted:

The Young Apprentice makes me physically ill, they are all such little cunts.

Successful little cunts.

I enjoy it, probably more than the regular Apprentice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

StrawmanUK posted:

For some reason I thought Fresh Meat was that other comedy series that featured 2 of the inbetweeners actors

I know Joe Thomas' is in. Who else is?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
All this talk of UTV and STV. What is it? Is it called something else or am I missing something obvious?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mickolution posted:

UTV is the Northern Irish version of ITV, STV is the Scottish one. They're the only ones not called ITV now, whereas they all used to be different, I think.

Ah, do they all show the same programs more or less?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I'm quite fond of Jack Whitehall, myself. What's not to like?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Whitefish posted:

He's great in Fresh Meat and I thought he seemed nice on the episode of WILTY that he was on, but on last night's HIGNFY he kept making lots of really weak jokes about how old Baroness Trumpington was which I found really cringey. To be fair, he may not have written them, but I assume he has a veto on which jokes he says.

Anyway, my previous remark was probably a bad mood overreaction, but still, it wasn't great.

Haven't seen last nights HIGNFY but JP is by far my favourite Fresh Meat character (actually Vod's quite close) and I liked on WILTY and yes

Paperhouse posted:

His standup is pretty poo poo

Still quite like him though. Doesn't hurt that he's handsome, either.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Hoops posted:

he's not a wooden little boy anymore either.

He's a real boy!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
This 30 Years of CITV is fantastic sofar. Anyone else watching it? Some great behind the scenes facts and fun.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

VogeGandire posted:

Mr Gilbert steals every scene he's in.

Went to see Greg Davies' The Back Of My Mum's Head show in Blackpool (It was the last one) and he was great there too. Wasn't sure if he'd be any good but apparently he's been on Live at the Apollo as well. It was a bit gimmicky though, he turned big signs around for his punchlines and ended on a song. Fun night though.

The support act was alright too but hell if I can remember his name.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

onoflalks posted:

It's a terrible gameshow.

It really is. Ben Shephard seems like he doesn't even want to be there and I couldn't sit through five minutes, even when there was 'nothing else' on.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Way To Go is on BBC Three tonight. It looks decent and I'll give it a look purely because it has Blake Harrison (Neil from the Inbetweeners) in it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mr. Squishy posted:

letter sent to his Uncle with the letters K.K.K. written on it, Sherlock deduces it's from the K.K.K.

Well how he managed to deduce that, I'll never know

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

ThomasPaine posted:

Really not sure what to think about this series of Fresh Meat. I am enjoying it, but it seems to have lost something since the previous three. I'm not laughing half as much and sometimes it just feels like they're kind of going through the motions. Though I tend to do that on first viewing, I'll probably watch it a bunch more times and realise it's actually still excellent. In any case, hopefully the finale is a good send off.

I'm absolutley loving it so far. Especially Kingsley having a breakdown over his choice to go to Uni

I think Oregan's plot has been awful though but I never liked her much to begin with.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Escobarbarian posted:

I wonder if people will ever start fighting in the booth during a match.

Just slapping the controller out of people's hands

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Welp, Casualty just blew their budget for the rest of the year on a single scene.

What did they do?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Paperhouse posted:

Weirdly the other show she wrote and starred in (Crashing) is pretty bad though

Thought you were talking about Pete Holmes' show for a second there and was about to hard disagree

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
White Gold is also fantastic

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Pablo Bluth posted:

So apparently a fifth season of Luther is expected soon. How did I miss that news?

It is possible you watched season 4 and decided they should’ve just left it at 3?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
The most ambitious crossover event in history

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Marmaduke! posted:

Maybe subconsciously I just don't like James McAvoy?

Unacceptable

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Someone spoil what's so bad about the last episode of Dracula cause I doubt I'm ever watching that series

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Sex*

Bad was the one with Jack Whitehall

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Both Skins (the first four seasons, at least) and Sex Education are very good

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Vic Reeves was alright hosting Brainiac. Though I think I remember liking Hammond more.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Bogmonster posted:

Interestingly, the producers advised you not to go on Twitter when it airs, since it can be upsetting. It was quite hilariously brutal - the general audience hated me, lol.

I didn't realise people would tweet about The Chase, let alone be brutal about contestants 0_o

Is it about them/you getting questions wrong or personality/appearance?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I suppose it's better than saying she had awful jugs?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

:smug:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Bogmonster posted:

Showed my brother, who instantly discounted Rubicon as an answer because that's the name of the fizzy mango drink he gets from the kebab shop :imunfunny:

but Rubicon was in the question, not the answer :confused:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Isomermaid posted:

Adam Buxton's suffered with mental health issues, I wonder if that's effected his work output? He had that kids TV thing though (what was it, Bug?) and turned up in a bit part in the film they made of Stardust.

He also has a massively successful podcast

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
If I've never seen Taskmaster and am planning to watch this new one are there any 'essential' seasons I should go back and watch?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mickolution posted:

According to Wiki, there's something called a Custom Milestone in the newer ones. Not sure what that is as I've only seen bits and pieces of that version.

You can place one of the milestones (where if you lose, you take home that amount) at any point. Only for the next question, though, so it's no good if you don't know the answer to the current one.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
This guy? :barf:

https://www.thepinknews.com/2020/12/21/bbc-media-editor-amol-rajan-jk-rowling-bravery-transgender-essay-transphobia/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mickolution posted:

edit: it's also a shame how terribly that loving website is laid out

lol. Seems like they didn't scale down a huge image of Rowling, so you have to scroll horizontally to read the article