Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

How long were you away for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Was that Karl Pilkington thing on Sky One last night?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I think Peggy is leaving Eastenders on Thursday. Since Phil has been on crack Eastenders has improved greatly.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Next: a oval office in Kabul..

Piers Morgan again?!?!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm not sure Eastenders will ever be able to top last nights episode. Phil on crack burning down the Vic, Stacey being mental and getting a slap from Pat, and Ryan being a superhero. I'm glad neither Stacey nor Peggy died, seems a bit of a obvious way for a character to leave a soap.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Simon flouncing off and sitting on the shed roof after his parents took the piss out of him was funny.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I don't suppose anyone knows about getting a dish installed to pick up foreign TV channels (Turkish)?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

What I hated about the Heston Blumenthal shows is how the start of the episode would preview the entire show and reveal everything he was about to do, and then before each ad break you'd get what was coming next spoiled for you to. I don't need previews of what's going to happen in a show I'm already happily watching.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I just read on Wikipedia it won an Emmy and has a second series on the way.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm watching Walk on the Wild Side on BBC 1 at the moment, and I want my license fee back.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Irisi posted:

So here I am, fully prepared for an hours' worth of period drama stodge from ITV in the shape of Downton Abbey. The nights are drawing in, I had chocolate, and Maggie Smith had donned her corsets in order to entertain the nation, oh happy day. (Look, I'm female, I'm allowed to enjoy this sort of thing, okay?)

Except I live in Scotland, where STV -in their infinite wisdon- has decided to show a repeat of some Billy Connelly bollocks from a year ago instead.

This was the one thing ITV has done in the past five years that I have actually wanted to watch. I really do wish they'd all stop playing silly buggers with the programmes in this manner.

I watched it with my wife, we both agreed it was dull, and to prove the point she fell asleep after the first hour, so we decided to watch An Idiot Abroad instead.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

To be fair, alot of them also employ asylum seekers as well, not just illegal immigrants.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It's okay if you've nothing better to do and don't visit Youtube much.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Back of the net.

Kiss my face.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

That was a horribly depressing episode of Eastenders. I thought Billie was a crap character, but the fallout from his death was horrible.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I did think it was a bit irresponsible for the BBC to show him downing a bottle of vodka on Friday night, not realising he was actually about to die because of it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

From the sounds of it Jon Stewart gives him some stick, rather then brown nosing him for 30 minutes.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Misfits series 2 starts on Thursday 11th November.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Did no-one watch the Psychoville Halloween special last night? I thought they did an excellent job of having a perfect balance between horror and comedy.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Is it me, or is there an awful lot of Misfits adverts on the side of buses all of a sudden?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

thebardyspoon posted:

Walking Dead was on Halloween in America and it's on FX on Friday over here, as delays go it's pretty small.

It got excellent ratings as well, so unless there's a big drop off I expect it'll easily get a second series.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Just in case you haven't noticed the massive coverage it's receiving in the press, The Walking Dead starts tomorrow on FX.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Walking Dead starts at 10pm tonight on FX.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

That dancing at the start and between sketches casts a shadow over everything in that show.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

quote:

The brothers are from Maltby,Rotherham. In April 2007, while on holiday on the Greek island of Kefalonia, Paul broke his nose and received cuts and bruises when he lost control of his motorbike after suddenly braking to avoid a shepherd and his flock of goats. British tourists who stopped at the accident, instead of helping him out, shouted out the Chuckle Brothers' catchphrase: "To me, to you."

Brilliant.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

New series of Misfits starts tonight one E4 at 10pm. One of the best shows on telly at the moment, lets hope they don't gently caress up series 2.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's a thread for it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3364640

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Yeah, Peep Show chat is here. It starts November 26th.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Did he think Twitters were private?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

SeanBeansShako posted:

Isn't this the oval office that Charlie Brooker showed us in the last Screenwipe/Newswipe that supported a campaign against Bullying and then was caught sending the exact same text messages of promised violence to somebody a few hours later?

Yes, that is the oval office in question.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Misfits was epic tonight, I hope you are all watching it, or planning to very soon.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

ibroxmassive posted:

Waiting to get it in better quality, but better than last weeks?

Best episode ever.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Adrianics posted:

I can't watch it tonight and some rear end in a top hat on Facebook ruined the big twist for me Fuuuuuuck!!

It says something about the quality of the show when the reveal of the big twist isn't the best thing about the big twist. The way it then plays out is done amazingly well, it's past Lost levels of "this loving show".

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

My guilty pleasure is ITV on Saturday from 7pm, You've Been Framed, TV Burp, and X-Factor. You've Been Framed is much more entertaining with Harry Hill, he brings a very slight edginess to it that stops it from being a bland clip show.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Beeswax posted:

My go-to recommendation is (perhaps predictably) Simon Munnery. He's collaborated with Stewart Lee on stuff in the past and is an absolute joy to behold most of the time. His stye is a long way from Lee's monotonous repetition but I love them both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-LLG0HS0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_fFx-Nq1GM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h676I2T0F-8

I saw Stewart Lee in Leicester a few weeks ago, and unknown to me he was supported by Simon Munnery, who was very funny even though most the audience had no idea who he was.
I'm hoping Stewart Lee's material about his Japanese hating, crisp loving grandfather makes it to his new series, along with his David Cameron story.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Doug Stanhope is playing some dates in the UK next year. I saw him several years ago at what I think was his first UK gig, in Leicester. I sat in the front row, and he starred intensely at me as he ranted his "gently caress someone uglier than you" bit. Some random girl opened the door to the room halfway through, and shouted an anti-war slogan (it was the day of the massiev anti-Iraq war march in london) and he riffed on that in a really funny way.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He just did straight up stand up when I saw him, very good though.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I was suprised when Stacey and Ryan decide to have a shag out in the open on Dots bonnett, I'm suprised their bits didn't snap off in this weather we're having.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

phujck posted:

I saw this at Warwick Arts Centre!

Did he happen to go on an extended rant about Russell Howard there too?

Yeah, I think that was in the bit he said would be on TV in some form or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Dot Cotten was revealed as a Corrie fan in Eastenders last night, then Stacey and Kat said they thought it was boring.