Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Doombrain posted:

This guy:

is the brother of Kelly from Misfits.

:aaa:

He's also the one that makes the joke about Shaun's Dad in a Mini ashtray at the start of the movie. Took me ages to realise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Gram-O-Phone posted:

How the gently caress can you be an 'unemployed head of communications'?

You were a head of communications. You are now unemployed. Therefore, no longer a head of anything. QED.

I loving hate this. I was made redundant a month ago but I don't go around calling myself an 'unemployed production assistant'.

Haha I said exactly the same thing when I got this bellend in the office sweepstake.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

KoopaPoopa posted:

Argh. Apollo wasn't the first rocket to get to the moon, Saturn V was.

Their motto was failure is not an option :downs:

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Anyone else been finding iPlayer to be increasingly unreliable? I've never had a problem with 4OD but iPlayer seems to stutter and overlap all the time these days.

Granted, I'm trying to watch the Apprentice which is probably one of the most in demand shows, but it's really annoying. :mad:

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

I have a mate who's always had ABP and had a sudden moment of realization when I explained that to him, he never realized there were meant to be ads to begin with.

This is me right now holy poo poo

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

keveh posted:

I'm in Horwich, I remember watching the Bolton Evening News website stream of it when it was happening.

I was a bit 50/50 about it all. At some points the police were unfair on people and some looked like they were out for scrap, the words they used at times were threats waiting to be reacted upon.

But after watching the whole series I'm not sure that I can blame them to be honest. They don't half put up with a lot of crap from the public, there were some perfect examples last night. No doubt there have been 'events' like this in the past where things have gone horribly wrong, so they just have to go off what they've experienced in the past.

I just... hate... the general public.

Bloody hell that UAF bloke reminded me of Keanu from Saxondale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imVngLpqEHU

Also, just napalm the EDL already, Jesus wept.

Gasmask fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 1, 2010

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

The new series of Comedy Vehicle is pretty great.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Man that last episode of Comedy Vehicle. I was convinced that he was just going to sit there with the guitar and not actually play anything at all.

Couldn't tell if it was genuine anger toward the bloke in the audience toward the end as well. Which is exactly what he wants, I suppose.

Pretty decent guitar playing as well. Just really weird.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

justcola posted:

Stewart Lee was good, though one of the odder episodes. Some of the audience reactions were ridiculous. I think I'd like to see him live..

Seeing him tomorrow night, but wish I was going to this.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Our War on BBC3.

Incredible. I nearly sacked it off because it was on BBC3, but it was downright outstanding. Just incredibly intense, very moving.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Recommending Our War again. It's the best insight into the military situation on the ground in Afghanistan that I've seen - from a British perspective at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

justcola posted:

Earlier I watched Superheroes of Suburbia that was on 4od. I thought it was quite good, unsure about the whole documentary aspect but it made me laugh a few times. It's about three people around England who dress as heroes and then try to fight crime.

And they're all somewhat mentally ill (no joke).

Felt a little bit exploitative to be honest.