Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
I finally got around to catching up on all Mitchell and Webb, and all I have to say is REMAIN INDOORS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Look here, I wrote "big laundry" and I don't even remember what the reason was. I guess I assumed I'd remember, like it was some big genius idea... Big laundry, BIG LAUNDRY! It's crazy, I'm a crazy person.
I'm halfway through series 2 of Peep Show and Jesus loving Christ, Mark is a goddamned nutjob. This show is extremely funny but there are some moments that are just downright disturbing. The camera direction and the internal monologues flesh out the characters very well, to the point they almost appear too real. It's scarily well-written all around.

Born agoon. posted:

Watched the Pilot when they made that, don't bother. Just go watch Green Wing. It's not to say there wasn't a couple of funny moments, but all of them could have been in Green Wing. You had the wacky superior character, the womanizing old hand, the naive frumpy new girl, the zany personnel staff and it's basically Green Wing in a different setting.

My issue with that show is it needed to be like, 40 minutes instead of an hour. The really funny bits were so far away from each other, and the scene transitions detracted from the scenes themselves. I can't say what would be a better format for it, but it's like they had a solid show but needed to pad it out to hit the timeframe. That and I felt it didn't get more on the ball until the second series, but if it wasn't for the fact it had a lot of actors I liked from other shows in it I probably wouldn't have found that out.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

Figaro posted:

Oh God, looking back he was relatively sane in series 2. Just wait until you reach the present day!

Yeah I was wondering that, like if this is how he is NOW, gently caress knows how screwed he is after four more series.

Shadow The Rat
Nov 12, 2003

That was a pretty fantastic episode, you fuckin Nazi. That episode is creepy on another level, replace Mark's friend with my mother and the dialogue is mostly unchanged, she was a BNP member for a bit :gonk:

It's good to know Sophie falls from grace a bit since it was kind of odd that after all she saw Mark do, still taking an interest in him is bizarre. It makes more sense that someone who's a bit off upstairs themselves would still hang around Mark. Maybe he's just bleeding the psycho onto everyone else.