Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
DTRT is godlike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I like the San Francisco Quake episode. Here’s what it looked like on the television during the World Series: https://youtu.be/Z8ExMR0c0aM

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

It’s all about the DeVry game for me. This is incredible and basically art

https://youtu.be/T4afzQyGo5Q

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Created by Richard Bacon

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Paul Ritter is dead at 54.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/06/friday-night-dinner-star-paul-ritter-dies-of-brain-tumour-at-54

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

No Offence too was a show he was particularly good in, even if his character was just part-Martin Goodman in a forensic suit.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Mickolution posted:

I'm guessing it's a Covid thing to reduce the number of contestants coming into the studio.

The repeated (tested, bubbled) guests on shows like WILTY would appear to bolster this theory

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

:siren: The studio OBIT light is lit, man your posts! :siren:

Luckily most broadcasters seem to have handled it well. Everyone in the requisite attire, BBC with special graphics, nice early coverage.

Lots of digital multichannels are showing some captions and loops in place of ads telling folk to watch the news.

BBC radio all got merged together and got a bulletin, and a few other commercial networks all did the same.

I’m just pissed about HIGNFY and hope they move it to BBC2.

TV Live (the replacement for TV Forum) has an ongoing thread here: https://www.tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=193

Edit: that BBC Radio bulletin also on all digital channels and local stations, only the World Service remains solo. Wow.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 9, 2021

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

haha, they've suspended ALL radio programming on the Beeb now, national and local, until 7am tomorrow.

What is the loving point?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

BBC 4 isn’t happening tonight.

On the other hand, seems like radio is slowly coming back

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I recognise the name: that someone is the lead editor on the show.

Cheers for sharing.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Oh my god.

Not even going to say what I’m talking about. loving hell, Mike.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Al Murray spent £380 quid according to Horne.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/9511/taskmaster-edinburgh-years

Some good early pics there

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

SuperTeeJay posted:

(Did it make sense for Kate to flee from the shooting in episode 5? Car chase exciting so off she goes.)

Probably, she wasn’t sure what was going to happen, who else was going to turn up, and who was in on it. I think it makes sense but yeah it’s a silly dumb show and that ending was underwhelming.

Edit: but I do enjoy it!

thehustler fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 3, 2021

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Most of us love it. I have had this season just gone’s winning team captain speak for us during the Edinburgh Science Festival. Dead good person, happy they won. And I didn’t think the pandemic affected the show much except perhaps the wall where only the captain could touch the board.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am disappointed we didn't get more on older Ryan Pilkington. How did he turn from a foul-mouthed little poo poo into somebody seemingly capable of deception and with some social skills etc. I found him an interesting character.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

Are you referring to Katie motherfucking Steckles? Tbh I was just rooting for her team because the name "Katie Steckles" is amazing. Also, I appreciated that it seems like she didn't give that much of a poo poo.

Aye, we walk in similar circles. It's a great name. Also yeah, she has resting "not-bothered" face. The whole time we hosted her I just assumed she was having a poo poo time.

She does good work for promotion of maths and STEM etc, maths in the pub nights, etc.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

I enjoyed how Mitch Benn absolutely carried that team, it made Kennedy and whoever the third was (they must have been so poo poo I don't even remember them) look just awful by comparison

Mitch Benn is a grumpy sod who forgot who I was a day after I interviewed him. I don't have many stories so it's good when I can tell them.

But yes, he did carry them, didn't he?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

He’s in The Nest on iPlayer with his “normal” Scottish accent and it’s not bad.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

Don't expect to see anyone on Taskmaster who isn't represented by Avalon.

Except this wasn't the case immediately with Season 10 :shrug:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

The haggling joke was the least funny thing I've ever seen on Taskmaster

I mean it was good once, but got very old fast

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I’m sure I remember hearing that Coren writes those intros herself, sometimes minutes before going on set. Although I’m sure I posted it here before when I was unsure if it was true as I am now.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Season 8 is really good, but Lou Sanders is awful a lot of the time and I can’t stand it.

I liked Iain Stirling for his self-awareness, as had been mentioned.

And that train yard! *WHOOOOOP!*

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Inside No 9 chat.

The gently caress was that?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Red Oktober posted:

There's a new one out? Exciting!

There is! It was very strange and very meta and 4th wall breaking.

Apparently some episodes from S7 (already been written over the pandemic break) were pulled forward to Season 6, there's chat on the podcast about it apparently.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I genuinely wonder how people like that live every day without accidentally walking into traffic or forgetting to breathe. But I do like her and she’s fun on stuff. She definitely got more into the series at it went on I think.

Edit: Roisin Conaty, I mean, since we’ve moved page.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I really liked it. Of all of the “comedians get a single-camera comedy-drama” shows it’s the second best behind Mae Martin’s Feel Good. Sara Pascoe’s was the most self-indulgent and that was annoying at times.

Feel like I’m missing some shows out in this list - help me out.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Nah, Back and Catastrophe don’t count. Back wasn’t written by them two and Catastrophe was written by Sharon and Rob but isn’t really related to “them”.

I’m talking about one comedian “telling their story” or at least a version of themselves.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Huh - wasn’t on my list but I guess so.

I think I mean something very specific here with my description.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Lead Balloon to some extent, I guess.

Good shout. I liked that a lot. But I certainly think I’m talking about the recent years, BBC3/C4 stuff.

Anyway this didn’t go how I wanted but yeah Starstruck is good.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I'm in the Teletext FB group with the folk who do that if anyone here is sufficiently nerdy enough to join that: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeletextGroup/

Also I wrote this if any of you have a Pi with a Composite input on your telly and still have a teletext button: https://github.com/mpentler/teletext-twitter

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Stumiester posted:

Weird specific question this, but we’ve been watching Motherland on iPlayer - was turned off because of the potential Glinner influence but Sharon Horgan as a writer and recommendations from friends convinced me to try it and it’s very funny.

However, its presented in a crazy way: iplayer has Series 1:1-6, Series 2:1-6, Series 3:1-5. However, there are actually two more episodes than this. One was the pilot, released before episode 1, which is on Netflix but not on iPlayer for some reason. Then, there is the Christmas special.

It was, apparently, shown between Seasons 2 and 3, but there is no evidence of it on any streaming service or indeed anywhere online other than the trailer for it & a broadcast date. Why the hell is this very short series being treated in such a weird way? And does anyone know where to see the Christmas special?

I have no idea why it’s not up still but it was absolutely on iPlayer last Christmas. Sometimes specials are listed under their previous series as an extra episode.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Excellent

https://twitter.com/misssusannahf/status/1397323199772250112?s=21

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Last RD special was actually really good and I think a lot of people agreed? The cat one?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

That is utterly fantastic and I laughed.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

He drank some Mint Source, ffs.

What a mad edition

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

have some nerdy Olympics poo poo, lots of pics from Salford

https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/head...mes-production/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

It’s surprising he wasn’t MORE of a piece of poo poo given that demographic. I remember that bit and it’s the only time I’ve ever winced at his stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

On a similar theme, can I get some love for Wanted? I loved that show. The old one, not the new show with the same name.

Here's a climax of one of the episodes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5j2dkSL4V8&t=176s

I loved this when I was a kid, so exciting, and I think I've posted about it here before. It cost C4 an arm and a leg to do.

Shout out to the links guy whose entire job was to follow the cameraman around and point an antenna at a helicopter. It was stuff like this that got me into my AV career today.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 25, 2021