Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

If you have a problem.....
Just watching An Idiot Abroad preview show on Sky1, I cannot WAIT for this to start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

Worth tuning into Him and Her on BBC3 after Inbetweeners, too.

I am loving Him and Her at the moment, having Inbetweeners and Him and Her straight after is making Monday my favourite TV night.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Phoon posted:

They sometimes show the British versions. They are infinitely more hilarious.

Once I watched an upper class girl ride into a tent on a horse painted like a zebra. She was angry she couldn't get an actual zebra.

OK, that is amazing, so amazing I HAD to track it down:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/shows/my-super-sweet-16-uk/episode/my-super-sweet-16-uk-103

Clip 2

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

MoPZiG posted:

I feel like these Idiot Abroad episodes should be 3x longer. 40 minutes for Karl to breeze through China? They shouldve used that entire time on him eating toads.

You can bet that it'll come out on DVD with a huge amount of bonus material.

Which I will be pre-ordering as soon as it's available!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

And I absolutely wet myself at Jay crashing the bike.

My girlfriend had to tell me to shut up because I was laughing too hard at that.

But I agree that the episodes are starting to get less funny as it goes on, it's almost like their trying too hard.

:edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-BF2QXAQU

"I presume you want to stop?"

"Maybe" *wink*

I love that line and the wink

keveh fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 28, 2010

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Graviton v2 posted:

What do you guys reckon to Him & Her on BBC3?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00twwyj/Him_and_Her_The_Fancy_Dress_Party/

I really like it. Funny and the girl who plays Rebecca is super hot.

I really like it as well, it's both cute and crued.

Yeah, she is pretty hot.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Now that WAS a classic Inbetweeners episode!

Much better than the others in the series.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Nobody talking about The Trip?

I thought that it was pretty good for a series opener, the impressions went on for a little bit too long though. Definitely enough to make me want to carry on watching it.

It also got me even more excited for the first Alan Partridge clip due out this Friday.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

thehustler posted:

Speaking of Davies, just about to finish a Jonathan Creek marathon, as I've never watched it before. It's bloody brilliant, and features bonus Emma Kennedy in a bath of porridge oats.

Jonathan Creek is bloody brilliant. I did something similar to you, my girlfriend had watched a good few episodes and I'd never seen it, so got the box set and watched one or two a night.

I think that they are shooting a new series soon, or may actually be in the process already. Can't wait!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

the_cow_fan posted:

The first episode of the new Alan Partridge is out now http://www.fostersfunny.co.uk/ great start so far, shame they are only 13 mins long.

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucrpgmJxx0E

I think there are going to be around 7 episodes, so the length isn't too bad.

I thought it was brilliant!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Aw, Jack Duckworth's send off was really good tonight. :unsmith:

I had something in my eye OK!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Born agoon. posted:

ok what the gently caress is the Morgana Show? It has these bizzare adverts and I have no idea what it is.

I am actually looking forward to this, it's a show based upon a segment on the truly awful TNT show with Jack Whitehall and Holly Walsh.

Basically Holly Walsh dresses as a retard and interviews people with a retard production crew, e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0p6kkXQRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdo4xIFiWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy0nfcBYNYw

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

lazyjane posted:

Coppers tonight is in my hometown of Bolton.

Also tuning in because I'm from Bolton and I'm interested to see the police's side of it.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

lazyjane posted:

Hello, fellow Boltonian! Where in Bolton are you from? Just watched it and didn't realise Alan Clough was actually going to be on the programme.

I'm in Horwich, I remember watching the Bolton Evening News website stream of it when it was happening.

I was a bit 50/50 about it all. At some points the police were unfair on people and some looked like they were out for scrap, the words they used at times were threats waiting to be reacted upon.

But after watching the whole series I'm not sure that I can blame them to be honest. They don't half put up with a lot of crap from the public, there were some perfect examples last night. No doubt there have been 'events' like this in the past where things have gone horribly wrong, so they just have to go off what they've experienced in the past.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

I quite enjoyed the Morgana show, Lady Gaga going past on a lawn mower had me in stitches.

I saw Frankie Boyle live last week, his show was literally parts of his stand up with poo poo sketches thrown in. Very disappointed. Infact I wasn't too impressed with his stand up, he still did jokes about Jade Goody for god sake.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Did he have the Canadian guy doing the support? I found the Canadian much better than the main attraction to be honest.
I suspect you're talking about Stewart Francis by the way, and yeah, he's really good.

No, it wasn't him although I do really like Stewart Francis.

The support was Canadian but it was Craig Campbell.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

John Charity Spring posted:

I don't know if 'literally his stand up with sketches in' is really grounds for complaint.

It is if half of his stand up was poor.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

fuf posted:

People talk about this guy being the best comedian ever, but he refuses to do anything for TV so I've never been able to see him. It's pretty annoying. I think he needs to get over it.

To add to the annoyance, he was easily the best stand up I have ever seen.

I think Peter Kay has given him nightmares about working on TV.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Yeah but it has got hotties in it.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Fyuz posted:

Anyone seen Alun Cochrane live? I saw his bit from Edinburgh & Beyond on Youtube years ago and it was excellent, but he seems to have dropped off the radar completely. I am watching it again and it is still piss funny.

I saw him about 5 - 6 months ago, he was practising new material I think. He was pretty good.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

I thought that Corrie was brilliant, the effects were definitely laughable but for a soap it was bloody good.

I swear the tram made the same noise as the monster from Lost when it came crashing down on the cabin!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

I think that it will still be alright. One of the main reason I watch it is to compete against the other half :D

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

echoplex posted:

Apparently there's a double bill of Tramadol Nights tonight - wonder if C4 are just trying to get rid of it now - so I guess my sketch will be on the second ep, 10:30 tonight (if it's not been cut). Will own up to which one it was after it's aired :)

Tuned in to it at the moment.

Bit gutted that there is no Morgana show because of the double bill :(

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Daedo posted:

Except The Morgana Show is completely awful.

I like bits of it, it's a hell of a lot better than Tramadol Nights.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Famous and Fearless is neither:

a) Full of famous people

or

b) Fearless

How do people get these concepts on to TV?

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Irisi posted:

Nobody else watching Derren Brown: Enigma? It's awfully good fun. He's doing Victorian Spiritualist tricks, and doing them very well. In addition to being an actual witch, his showmanship and rapport with the audience is very good.

My sister went to that show last year and was the one who drank vinegar (not on tv, just the one she went to).

She says she can remember what was happening, but not that she was drinking vinegar, she just got really dehydrated and had to drink.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

That goofy lad has just read through the whole thing!

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

stevey666 posted:

What are everyones thoughts on Not Going Out? I want to hate it for some reason, but I quite like it.
I'm exactly the same, I want to hate it but I will watch it and quite enjoy it.

It's not brilliant, but it's great to be able to sit down and have a bit of a giggle at.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

NaDy posted:

I thought the first episode was pretty weak but it's really grown on me, it definitely is down to Matt LeBlanc though, surprisingly.

I am really enjoying Episodes as well. Matt LeBlanc he been brilliant in it, surprisingly brilliant.

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

Just caught up with the last episode of Episodes and I really enjoyed it!

I've been watching it on my lunch breaks, it was perfect for that, just something easy to watch that I could pop on.

Matt LeBlanc was surprisingly brilliant in it. His high five at the end was ace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keveh
Sep 14, 2004

For those who caught the last episode of Episodes, who was Matt Le Blanc's lawyer?

I recognised him but I just can't put a name to the face and the shows he's been on.