Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

kru posted:

This guy is 100% pure strain Alan Partridge

Haha the bit about being alive while others have died was amazing. As well as 'Yes I want to have money, and then help others.......when appropriate'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Stuart Baggs must die.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Hmm I thought this weeks Idiot Abroad was the weakest yet. It was like they realised they couldn't fill an hour with Petra so sent him dicking around in Israel for over half the show and then we saw a couple of nice shots of Petra at the end. The kidnapping scenario was a complete waste of time.

Karl's moaning at every little thing is just getting exhausting. I think he has legitimate grievances in places, but he just moans at every little thing and it's beginning to grate.

I'm still gonna watch it next week tho.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Peep Show episode 1 of Series 7 is on 4od right now. It has been mentioned in the dedicated thread but I thought I may as well post it here too.

Its really loving good.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Anyone seen Alun Cochrane live? I saw his bit from Edinburgh & Beyond on Youtube years ago and it was excellent, but he seems to have dropped off the radar completely. I am watching it again and it is still piss funny.

Oh and Hollyoaks is awesome.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

I saw Ghostwatch mentioned before and I guess it's allrite to say the whole thing is on Google Video (uploaded by the BBC). I have just watched it for the first time and it is awesome, incredibly well done. I didn't spot all of pipes appearances even though I was looking out for him!

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

The Saviour posted:

The Shadow Line might have some of the most pretentious lines i've ever heard in a drama for ages, but its got some brilliant one liners too.

"That isn't my cat."

"Typical loving British car chase."

"Get over yourself and your Toyota Corolla"

Jay Wratten is a really menacing character, despite the fact the actor keeps reminding me of David Walliams for some reason.

Haha he reminds of Walliams all the time. I couldn't decide whether the 'typical car chase' was really poo poo or really good. The delivery on the Toyota Corolla line was excellent though.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Sorry to drag this back to kids TV but I am surprised I didnt see mention of Jeopardy, one of the best kids TV series ever.

EDIT - probably a bit harsh just to label it as 'kids' TV tbh. It was agenuinely good TV series.

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Anyone watching Fresh Meat? I saw it got a mixed reception last week, although I enjoyed it. Tonight's episode has been a lot better I think. Good choice of music too (Elektrobank is always good).

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Was slightly underwhelmed with Utopia, especially after the good stuff that had been posted here. Loved the way it was shot, but I found it hard going to stay interested.

As an aside, did anyone watch 8 out of 10 cats last night? Before it started the continuity announcer said "As a warning to any readers of morally dubious tabloids, the following program contains comedy" which I quite liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Kin posted:

My problem with it was the the whole paedophile thing seemed like a forced red herring that took up most of the series that was only really included for audience retention. Like, literally none of it was connected to what happened yet so much time was deliberately spent on it. The show went out of its way to heavily imply one thing which meandered at about episode 5 or 6 before being dropped and then shown to have nothing to do with what happened.

Oh and the hotel manager was the brother of the corrupt mayor who didn't even bother to check for a pulse on the kid.

Like, presumably the crack detective would have questioned the hotel manager the next day to find out where he was that night and he'd have been hungover to gently caress which would raise questions for someone who's supposedly been sober for so long and has been lying to his wife about where he's been. Then his car would be missing/child dented/blood filled boot and there'd be a hunt for it which would raise other questions and whoops seems like it all kind of unravels here.

I thought that was the point, as in kid goes missing so hunt the paedos! Paedos everywhere! When the reality was more mundane (the car crash at least, what happened after maybe not). I can't argue with the end of your post though, the fact that the car would presumably have blood all over it from the impact, as would the road and yadda yadda. Still, I enjoyed it and will probably watch the second series.