Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~
Virgin One is Channel One now, apparently. What a brilliant name, well done Sky.
I found it the other day and it appeared to be a brand new channel inexplicably showing season eight of The X-Files. I didn't realise it was just Virgin One. They bought some pretty good US imports when they started up (The Riches, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia) and showed Seinfeld during the day. I thought it was going to be alright. It's not. It's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

It's an even worse name than Daybreak, which I admit is growing on me.
Daybreak coincidentally shares its name with an American drama series about a man who is forced to relive the same day over and over, and which was cancelled after six episodes because nobody watched it. Just saying.

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I wonder what will go on Channel One's Freeview channel, or if BSkyB will sell it off.
Doesn't that article say it's going to Challenge, or did I read it wrong?

VVV yeah.

SavoyTruffle fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 20, 2010

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~

Ben Soosneb posted:

Sorry, I might have gone a little bit overboard with the sarcasm.
No, you didn't.

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~
The 'crass little Beegees incident' is actually very funny. If anybody comes out of it badly, it's not Clive. If we're going to climb far enough up our own bottoms to start using phrases like 'crass little Beegees incident', then I'd say that the Beegees interview is a seminal moment, a perfectly formed display of the raging, humourless ego and entitlement complex of the modern celebrity. It also demonstrates that the now-dead Beegee was the best one, because he had a sense of humour.