Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Akuma posted:

Huh. I didn't realize that Trinny and Suzannah thing was a scripted thing.

I laughed at the Trinny: "Don't shag the talent! Bet your vagina hurts!"
Bloke: " It wasnt her vagina.."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Rathen posted:

Danny Mac's poem is the most amazing thing ever. Someone transcribe it for me. Amazing.

I concurr. I wasn't going to watch Coppers as I figured it would be just Daily Mail fodder, and I don't really have much respect for the scuffers to start with ( and lo, it was to be), but for a smackhead that was incredible. Also, when he was pulling faces like some satanic Pob ( who is pretty scary to begin with) nearly split my sides. Thers a gif there, just waiting to be made.

The coppers were cunts though, and yes, I know it is wearying to deal with scum everyday. But having someone in a position of authority who uses the phrase 'human rights' with the same expression on their face I would have if you waved a lollystick coated in dog poo poo under my nose? No ta, build your time machine and go see the Waffen recruiting sargent.

Sorry to any coppers in the thread, I know you are not all alike, but I have seen quite a few friends turn into massive pricks once they joined up.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I don't want to worry anyone, but I think The Joker may have taken over the channel Yesterday. Instead of back to back repeated documentaries interspersed with Cathrine Cookson, its back to back Carry On films.

I am not sure if this is good or bad, but I just guiltily enjoyed Carry on Camping.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Watched Freak Like Me on iPlayer earlier, pretty stupid premise and lovely show, but holy gently caress is Russell Kane punchable.

Seriously, he's the most punchable man alive. If I saw him in real life I'd have to try very hard to restrain myself from flying into a blind rage and murdering him.

Judging by that program, just go round his house and start moving stuff 1cm to the left to inflict more pain.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Well, Corrie was fun. I was in tears laughing as Rita was killed by a cascade of weighed sweeties. Those loving midget gems are deadly.

To be honest, it reminded me of nothing so much as the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Who else is dead then?

Do I need to spoiler? Oh well, better safe than sorry.

This is mostly my specualtion, but Rita, Kevin, that moppett that Steve McDonald purchased, Peter Barlow, and Nick Tilsley. I wouldn't mind someone locking Gail into a burning cupboard.

Now, we have Corrie Come dine with me, with the utter oval office ( met him in a pub pretending he was summat when hes nowt!) Ken Morley aka Reg Holdsworth, hero of uni students in the late eighties.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 6, 2010

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wha...haha...what? Please let this be on YouTube. Did no one realise there is no way for that to not be funny?

The best bit by far was Richard Hillman rising out of the rubble with glowing red eyes

In my own mind, that is

loving hell, how Ken Morley isn't on the sex offenders register is a mystery for greater minds than mine.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Some Strange Flea posted:

I hope the tram conductor wins a BAFTA because that was some amazing button pushing.
I remember reading somewhere that it cost around a million pounds. Whether that means the stunt, the scene, the episode, whatever, I'm not sure.

A million pounds.

Have you seen how much pic n' mix cost these days?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

The Wetherfield AM-Dram league are LIVE now. Will Emily flubb her lines and say " loving Rat's Cocks!"?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Figaro posted:

Corrie tonight, I thought I saw the factory wheelchair girl stand up? Either she's very lazy or it's just my tiny telly.

She loving did! I thought it was something I had missed, but she raised herself up at the bar. And that flabby titted ginger monster screaming as she was giving birth haunts me.

It rather let me down. I was hoping for full on Acorn Antiques, with people having a crafty fag trying to edge out of shot and running into the camera, but they must have rehearsed the poo poo out of it. In the old days, they would have rolled up 10 minutes before, had a fortifying bevvy and muddled through.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 10, 2010

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Dear me. Always wanted to do rude things to Sohie Ellis-Bextor, now her mum hoves into view and reignights Blue Peter fuelled mumsy fancies. Not my mum. Brr

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kin posted:

Cheers. Although, the signal is still as lovely as it was yesterday and i can't even pick the channel up properly :/ that could be why i missed it on the TV guide thingy.

I thought we were long past the lovely times of having crap TV reception, especially with the nationwide switchover to digital next year.

Past few days I have been stuck with ITV3 and SKY 3. They bllamed atrometrics in october when I had no reception for an entire weekend. Must be nice to have such a nebulous scapegoat.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I have to say, I heartily approve of Corrie highlighting the plight of sexy god bothering lesbians. Good on you chaps.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Anyone know exwctly when they are junking channel one et al?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

goatface posted:

Supposedly first of Feb, but I can't remember seeing anything definite.

Thank you, can't find anything to confirm or deny.

10 o clock show looks good but c4 has burned me so often

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

If you've never actually watched Friends it's a lot better then it's popularity would suggest, and worth watching, especially as you get through about 1 series a week on E4, so you can watch the whole thing in two months.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you there, chief.

e: It looks like from the 11th ITV are layering their crap with a +1 channel, so now you have no excuse for missing umm.. loose Women? Kyle?

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 4, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I don't know why, but that Butlins advert with the big green monster makes me want to cry. Not as much as staying at Butlins would make me cry, though.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Watching BBC3 How drugs work: Cannabis/ Good god, has the Daily Mail comissioned this? I don't even bother with it but the idea of dna profiling people who should be allowed to smoke it. loving hell.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

The Perfect Element posted:

Anyone else watch The Sinking of Laconia on BBC2 tonight? I thought it was brilliant, can't wait for part two tomorrow.

Loved it, and I think it knocked Downton Abbey into a cocked hat. I love the U Boat skipper, and can wait for tomorrow. Is it just a redux of the Lusitania? I started watching late as Beeb never flog something decent to death

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 7, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hoisin Crispy Owl posted:

The drug takes control of your nervous system, like a...herbal terrorist.

Is there an applicable emoticon for "unnecessary moral panic"?

We have to maintain awareness of thes bastards. Especially if they are green. Someone relate a drug related pensioner rape story. Like a stoner could be arsed to do owt but chomp down on some crisps.

e:That was an unintentinal pun crispy owl

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 7, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I watched this! I swear gypsies must be on average the slimmest ethnicity (if it is one?) in Britain - all the girls and boys were loving svelte. It looks like a good society in which to be a man really; they were all ugly as sin, and a lot of the girls were pretty smoking.

Deep social commentary from me, there.

Oh I wish you were correct. I hate to make sweeping generalisations, but when I was working at the council and had to go round their settlement everyone was uniformly grotesque with the biggest, most viscious dogs I have ever seen. Like loose velociraptors. They also had the best electronics kit ever. And very clean little trailers.

Time to email the Daily Mail I suppose.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Speaking of depressing documentaries, did anyone else catch the Storyville on BBC4 last night about the various anthropologists visiting a particular tribe in the Amazon? It was more about the disputes between the anthros than the tribe, and moments of it were utterly sickening - the sex abuse and medical experiments, in particular.

Really fascinating, though.

It was, in a very irkso,e were-killing-the-world type way. Also really enjoyed that Rich hall Dirty South. Its not often a night of telly leaves you feelinging like you have learnt stuff.

On the other hand, I watched that BBC3 Oral Sex thing. My dad had a hpv licence :ohdear:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Ah. I have been doing it all wrong. I never realised attempted sexual assault was a viable wooing technique, as seen on My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Dicky B posted:

So did anybody catch Louis? I missed it but watching now on iPlayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0107zhy/Louis_Theroux_Americas_Most_Hated_Family_in_Crisis/

Yep. Whilst I don't really like his faux naif style, he does pick compelling subjects.

Also, I know its redundant, but the fact that people like the Phelps exist scares me shitless. Seems more like proof there isn't a God.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh that poor simple Romanian lad in The Hotel. I'd like to see how that manager would manage if someone was barking orders at him in foreign language.

And the proposal :ohdear:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Why have they got a restaurant reviewer on Apprentice; You'r fired ?

Does the Beeb just have pens of flapping gums?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh god Brian Blessed is doing voice work for one of those lovely 'You phone we sue' Legal firms, somebody in the BBC get him some real work!

You mean that one with Jo Pasquale? Thats a few years of annoyance.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

HERAK posted:

Yes, there are a very small number of people booking 'talent' and a small number of agents that they deal with, so effectively yes. see jack Whitehall for an example his dad is a big agent.

You certainly have mastered subtlety, now try humour.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

^^^ that was awesome, too.

Best bit of HIGNFY ever, showing a clip of Sky News pundit saying to Fat gently caress Boulton "... and if you don't want to be in the news, don't pay a hooker to stick a dildo up your bum." then watching Boulton flap.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Ah, I always though Tariq Ali was fairly sensible, but now.. Saying that there are as many african americans in prison as slaves in 1850 seems rather spurious if only on the basis of choice.

( On This Week, not just musing and randomly sharing with you guys)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kulex posted:

This is actually very close to the truth. Go read the prison threads in D&D or LF.

I will and also the above links, it was more the willingness to commit crimes does not equate to being compelled into life long slavery, and the convenient use of numbers=numbers.

In more lighthearted things, BBC 3 is still excellent at televising people who should be wiped out.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Watching the Hotel, and gently caress me, does that owner of the hotel look sinister. He looks like he'd slit your throat for a shilling.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Awesome, Jim Royle vs Pauline Campbell-Jones on 4 right now. Its a bit low hanging fruit picking on the scousers, but I'm spoiled for choice who to hate more.

Pauline on tape recorder" You work shy set of bastards!"

Ross" That was your workshop on self esteem."

"We're all in the same boat. Well, I'm not. I've got a job"

e: Oh no it it actually the job interview role play bit. Countdown to egregious.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 7, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kin posted:

I just tuned into it on 4+1 to see her getting utterly dingied by everyone. She reminds me of every ignorant, pretentious moron that I spoke to in the job centre when i was signing on.

I'm personally glad that my TV is on the wall so I can't kick the fucker in, because I'm dole scum at the mo. The entire thing was so unrepresentative of reality it really was parody. Still, if I met that fucker in the street I would throttle her with one of her scarves that she seems to think are flab cloaking devices.

Turn up at my door with fish and chips, you oval office. You know the Mail will be jizzing itself tomorrow over it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

cloudchamber posted:

What show are you guys talking about?

I hate the punny title, but 'The Fairy Jobmother' Which, as Kin said, is redundant.

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 7, 2011

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jawidar posted:

Prince Phillip then 4+1! :science:

Edit: Man, Phillip sure isn't putting up with any of Fiona Bruce's poo poo.

He is awesome. Gyles Brandreth, however is not. I ssume HRH is just going to be answering questions with ' It just is, you gormless cow, stop second guessing everything'

When she asked why he was doing the interview you know he was itching to say ' The missus made me'

e: music from the Sims? :psyduck:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

" Bunny hugger"
" What does that mean?"
:stare: " Can't you imagine?"

Top hole, old boy.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I doubt Fiona Bruce will want that on her CV. I'm no royalist, I just love ornery bastards who don't give a gently caress.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Wow, QT surpassed the oval office quotient this week. Greer accusing a father of being a pedo. Awesome.

e: And as no surprise to anyone, Peter Hitchin needs to be taken into a dark alleyway with a broken glass dildo and taught the error of his ways

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

ChuckDHead posted:

For any particular reason? Or is she just doing that things she does of setting her causes back by years by providing a conveniently easy-to-hate figure for the opposition to point at and dismiss?

Oh saying heartwarming things like all soldiers at some point are capable of rape ( technically correct, but not too wise to say) and on the current hot button about sexualizing kids, claiming little girls are being trained to seduce their fathers, and when a man with children politely demmured she rolled her eyes and said "oh well, there many ways to sit on a fathers lap and kiss him". No mention of the sexualising of little boys in their tight, tight shorts and delightfully muddy hands.