Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So no one died it looks like, that was lame as hell unless Stacy dies later I guess. The square demands blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wicker man style ritual sacrifice to the god of the harvest under the allotments.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Billy died in his sleep after the party and the entire episode was just the Jacksons and their reactions. I pretty much have to watch Eastenders and Corrie cause my computers in the same room as our good telly that my nan watches.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Gram-O-Phone posted:

Spill the beans, drat you :argh:

I heard Jack Dee drove them to tears by ripping the poo poo out of them mercilessly.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Walking Dead was on Halloween in America and it's on FX on Friday over here, as delays go it's pretty small.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ha what the gently caress Eastenders writers, another old man blackmailing a woman into sex in a creepy as gently caress way (this is like the 8th one in about 3 years) and some fun Eastern Europe kidnapping plans too.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Have they stopped putting QI XL on then? Used to be put up On Demand over the weekends, have no idea when it was actually on the telly but for the past couple weeks it hasn't been put up. Wanted to see more of Eddie Izzard.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I thought you guys might have been setting an impossible expectation to live up too for that Never Mind the Buzzcocks, I was wrong.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Was gonna mention that, seems really weird that was forgotten so quickly considering how hysterical the tabloids were getting about "broken Britain" at the time.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Has Paloma Faith got a pair of Stan heads from South Park as shoulder pads on Buzzcocks?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Was just gonna say, whats the bet that its going to be a bit crap?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is that the Morgana show thing they've been showing bizzare ads for? Yeah it looked poo poo and I thought Holly Walsh was in it but she isn't apparently, yay.

Woah a gay cowboy joke, truly this is the cutting edge.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 30, 2010

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What's the name of the standup who has really messy mop top hair, big thick glasses and does a standup routine about how he got over his stuttering by tapping out the syllables of words on his thigh? Think Stewart Lee mentioned how good he was during his bit on one of those top 100 comedian things.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

Apparently there's something coming up involving stolen babies involving Kat and Ronnie, because we all know women just go mad when there's babies involved,

I wish I didn't know so much about the two big soaps but apparently Ronnie's much wanted baby dies of cot death and she swaps her dead one for Kat's healthy one and lets her think her babies dead but I don't think thats the Xmas story since neither of them have had the baby yet. Seems like Eastenders is doing a low key Xmas story like Stacy going down for muder because Corrie is doing the big ol train crash massacre thing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hello is this 999? Yeah there's been an explosion and a tram crash, we're going to need some hysterically bad acting STAT.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It literally ended just after the tram crashed which was 2 seconds after the explosion so don't think anyone died onscreen apart from some bint who got a hammer in the back of the head. I think it's on every night this week with a live one on Thursday so the magic has only just begun.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Baby Beale and whatever Stacy's baby is called having the "Walford Look" would be a nice slow burning storyline for the next couple years.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Finally something worth watching, Whistle and I'll Come to You is just about to start in case anyone both forgot and is reading this.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Are the third and fourth ones even set at Christmas?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Irisi posted:

Being Human is very good and funny in a dark-hued sort of way, so that's four, I guess. (The new season of that must be coming on again soon, yeah?)

Some time in January I think.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I actually agree but still really like it, any episode or part of an episode focusing on Annie was awesome, George slightly less so and Mitchell put me to loving sleep in the second season. Apparently the next season is going to focus on Annie and the whole men with sticks thing she whispered in Owens ear, have a zombie character and explain why vampire and werewolves hate each other so much. Also that actress who just left Eastenders is joining the cast, don't know if thats a good thing or not

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
We got torrid lesbian sex with a crumpled bible in the foreground in Corrie to make up for it though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I do not like Alan Carr or Michael McIntyre and I miss Winkleman and Mitchell.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Or multiple homicide from any of the characters.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Trin Tragula posted:

See, what I (and a lot of people) can't stand is that guy who's already laughing at his own punchlines 30 seconds before they come along, and Michael Macintyre is that guy. He's got some great jokes (the one that sticks with me is the piece about trying to spend Scottish money in English supermarkets), but I just can't stand the preening, self-satisfied way in which he tells them. I do object to a comedian who's apparently not secure enough in his own material to trust that it's actually funny; the vibe I get off Macintyre is a constant narrative of "this is funny! I'm funny, me! I'm being incredibly incredibly funny now!"

This is exactly my feeling but I couldn't articulate it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fatkraken posted:

FINE, I'LL BE THE ONLY ONE COMMENTING ON EASTENDERS THEN SHALL I?

More about the dead baby, Ronnie slowly losing it, some genuinely touching moments from Shane Ritchie, happy gays, pretty much everyone else miserable. The amount of makeup they usually slather on Kat makes the difference all the more dramatic when they leave it off

I think quite a few people in here watch it but are slightly ashamed, I haven't seen it since before Xmas because I thought it was going be awful/depressing. Was it?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They were going to keep it going until next Xmas apparently, because this is the sort of storyline that needs to be drawn out. They've gotten so many complaints that they've decided to cut it short and it'll end in the spring, Samantha Janus has quit too. Don't worry though they've got their next ultra grim and depressing storyline coming down the pipeline already, Whitney is going to become a hooker over the summer.

What's really disturbing about the whole mess is that an episode of Corrie shown on the same day as the cot death scene got an even amount of complaints because it showed a lesbian couple in a commited relationship kissing in bed, because that's as offensive as showing a dead baby and a grieving mum kidnapping a kid. At least I found that disturbing anyway.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
This Sunday I believe, should be good. I hope we get some answers and more Annie focused episodes. They're doing an online episodic thing called "Becoming Human" with a seperate cast that ties into the main series as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The bonklihood expert is the serial killer helpline guy from a couple weeks ago isn't he in How TV Ruined Your Life?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Isn't one of the new main characters a convicted child molestor who was about to get a lethal injection?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
This episode of Eastenders would have been massively improved with the judicious application of some Frank Castle.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The BBC just seems to have lost it's balls with regards to defending itself or being correct, maybe they'll think they'll get hosed over less if they're nicer?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Didn't Johnny Vegas molest a girl on stage at one of Stewart Lee's comedy showcase things?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah the QI thing is blatantly not going to be whoever your least favourite comedian is. It's whoever clearly enjoys being seen as being really clever and has rarely gotten a question wrong. Rich Hall, Bill Bailey and all those other ones constantly set off the buzzer thing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What's insane about sitting in a bath of flour and water mixture because a bunch of internet nerds judged your use of said flour and water mixture as a spunk substitute was an immoral act?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think Collins and Herring probably consumated their relationship and found that all the tension really was gone. That's where the awkwardness comes from.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Didn't the guy who played JR or something fire his agent after he went on and tried to plug his book.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So Collins and Herring is pretty much definitely done right? It was getting a bit rote by the end but every so often it could still be funny.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
She's got a sexy librarian vibe, definitely not a thing to be ashamed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Some of you will probably groan at this but Richard Herring tweeted a couple days ago that the Collins and Herring Podcast might be back soon. So either he's committed to the lie pointlessly or they really are still friends.