Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tasty Pi
Nov 5, 2005
Yum

Daimo posted:

Anyone else watching Seven days?

I missed the start, but I've been watching it for the past 30 minutes and it just seems to be people talking... about nothing we'd care about. Maybe I just don't get reality TV, or maybe there was something crucial at the very start of the show that explains why we should care about these people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty Pi
Nov 5, 2005
Yum

Paperhouse posted:

apparently the most recent Creek episodes weren't especially good (according to reviews and people) but I still really liked them, easy to please maybe but I think the formula is just so good that it's difficult for me not to enjoy it

Yeah, I think I read an interview with David Renwick (writer of the series) after the last Christmas special where he stated it was getting harder and harder to come up with original ideas and mysteries for the episodes hence why they were only doing the one-off holiday specials. I think this is reflected in the later episodes, that said I did still thoroughly enjoy all the episodes and if they're filming an entirely new series I'll still watch and no doubt enjoy it.

Tasty Pi
Nov 5, 2005
Yum

LE0N posted:

My favourite character was "bombhead"... :words:

My recollection of how he left the series was also pretty nuts: I think he found his father (or possibly extended family) after his mum's funeral were in a travelling circus so he joined the them as a clown.

At least I think this is what happened. If it were any other soap I'd put this down as something I dreamt, but as this is Hollyoaks it is highly likely.

Tasty Pi
Nov 5, 2005
Yum

Kin posted:

While maybe a bit :tinfoil: but did anyone else notice that, in the news clip repeadedly shown today of Nick Clegg talking to Scottish people or whoever, there was a video box of the film "Unforgiven" in the background turned directly towards the camera and that the angle of the shot was "off" to the point that it was done to include it?

I noticed it on the lunchtime news, but I'm sure a verbal reference was made to it at the start of the clip.