Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I'm not sure whether to blame him for being like he is, her for agreeing to sign up to the program, them both for obviously not having even the most tangential discussion about what they'd like as a wedding, or the programme makers for showing it.

The only people to come out of this with credit is the sister. The best man was doing alright until his phonecall in the airport, where he lost whatever points he had amassed by telling her it was not a nightmarish decision to marry the groom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Akuma posted:

Telling her that the groom cried over the wedding dress debacle was a pretty lovely move.

He was on point up to that:

Vegas: Thats a bad idea

Dress: you should get the one she might like.- I THINK I KNOW MY OWN FIANCEE.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Catzilla posted:

You have to be reasonably well off to be on Bake Off as the contestants have to supply all their own ingredients, apart from the final week it seems. Also any trays, tins etc are all supplied by the bakers too. Those silicon molds they were cutting up last week? They were bought by the contestants.

Ruby Tandoh got a Guardian newspaper column out of winning bake off.

You think they can't just expense all the stuff they bought? I would have thought it so personally.

edit: I googled this:

3. Contestants have to pay for their ingredients

Those that take part have to pay for all of their own ingredients right up until they reach the final – when they are then supplied by the show.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/bake-contestants-pay-ingredients-7-427077

That's absolutely Tory.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 26, 2020

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like they can buy extra stuff to bring in like a specific alcohol or spice or jam or whatnot the show pantry won’t have, but the prerequisite stuff (sugar, flour, etc) is almost certainly going to be on hand for them.

I don't see, fundamentally, why they should have to pay for anything. It's an extremely profitable tv show. They should be reimbursed for what they buy. And that link I posted said 'all'. Even if it's just the alcohol or spices or whatnot, the fact that they're not the staples means they're probably going to be more expensive.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The ultimate "working for exposure"

The other weird thing is the contestants eat some, but the crew eat the rest. So like. Essentially the contestants are doing a lot of the catering. Unless the contestants are paid for the food consumed, which seems unlikely.