Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

LE0N posted:

EDIT, also he isnt that normal or down to earth apparently a friend of mine who used to work in tv said that it got out he used to try and sleep around with staff on his show and he did managed to pull an 18 or 19 year old. She told every one he kept saying "i cant believe im loving an 18-year old!!" during sex. She said it wasnt that uncommon for presenters to do that but with brooker it was just loving awkward. As i said thats the rumour that was going round a few years ago.

Anyone who used to read the scatological faux-Beanos he used to draw for PCZone knows Charlie is an odd fellow.

Also: saw the preview episode of Idiot Abroad. Couldnt stop laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I feel like these Idiot Abroad episodes should be 3x longer. 40 minutes for Karl to breeze through China? They shouldve used that entire time on him eating toads.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

SuperFurryAnimal posted:

Yes An Idiot Abroad - God that was good. Everything I ever imagined Karl TV to be like. I already want a second series :)

Hes said he doesnt want to do any more. Apparently turned down dozens of ideas from Ricky and Steve already.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Beeswax posted:

Holy poo poo Robert's Web is a real thing. It's like something out of a Lee & Herring routine.

I had not yet discovered Argentina's version of Strictly so I err...enjoyed this episode.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

DaWolfey posted:

I liked it though, it was a first attempt and I have a lot of hope for it in the future.

Im sorry but this show is such a hot mess. You cant have 4 coequal anchors each spouting an editorial.

Replicate the Daily Show format. Have Brooker play John Stewart, Mitchell be John Oliver, Laverne Samantha Bee and Jimmy Carr (who needs to nuke his act) as Jason Jones.

Get the material down to half an hour with 1 interview maximum. Shoot in a smaller studio/warehouse and have more episodes per week. All they are going to do otherwise is burn out the talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The Daily Show is poo poo though. This was, at least, interesting.

I agree that the Daily Show is tired. I attribute that to their success and the fact that none of their correspondents can trick the yokels they did segments about.

This show might be interesting if youve never read or seen Mitchell, Brooker and Carr's other material. Its really a direct transcription with a studio audience (why?).

Trin Tragula posted:

There's no attempt to point out anything interesting about Johnson's resignation or Balls's appointments, just a dick joke.

Well thats what you get with Jimmy Carr. A true A-list comedian wouldve evolved his act at least after the 2nd DVD.

MoPZiG fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 21, 2011