Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
$294 for the i7-2600 seems like the perfect landing spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Any ETA on when the new boards will ship ? I am stuck using my laptop cause I parted out my tower right before the defect was discovered and running a Pentium M for a month has been a groan.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Anyone have the comparison image of the Asus P67 boards handy ? Pretty sure two of the models had no difference except for price

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

LiftAuff posted:

Benchmarkreviews has a text chart. The difference between some of the boards are miniscule.

That was it, thanks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Nonpython posted:

Try my pain on for size. I am stuck on a old C2D iMac and the worst laptop ever made until September

I am using a Pentium M laptop every day as my main machine until I can make a sandy bridge build

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I grabbed an i7 2600k at microcenter yesterday. What are you non stock heatsink people using for cooling ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

greasyhands posted:

You'll get a million 212+ replies (I use one) and it's $20 at Fry's right now. http://www.frys.com/product/5971334

It'd be silly to buy anything else unless you need a small form factor.

I had a Hyper 212 in my old machine and I was considering getting the 212+ so I will probably just do this