Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

incoherent posted:

Are they really boxing the Extreme cooler with the K chips.

Goodbye V8 :smith:

So K's come with the boxy cooler, like seen here : http://techreport.com/articles.x/20188/4 ?

I got my eyes on a 2500K and was wondering if it's worth buying a fancier cooler. Although I'm more concerned about the noise level and most of them seem to be louder than at least the old stock Intel one, I haven't seen any reviews saying anything about this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
I downloaded the latest (beta) BIOS for my P8P67 Pro and used the AI Suite to update it.

What kind of reports there have been about cold booting issues? Mine has been stable and cool with some minor overclocking (4.2GHz), but today when I turned my PC on, it wouldn't boot. I turned it off and waited for a bit, tried again and got a message saying "overclocking failed, run setup". For some reason my BCLK had went up to 103 and some other settings had been changed too. Only things I had changed was ratio to 42 and memory to DDR3/1600, because the auto setting picks 1333 for some reason (I'm using 1600 HyperX).

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

College Slice
I just read on another forum that it's recommended you use 1.5V memory with Sandy Bridge. What's that about or is it really an issue?