Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Any word on how much embedded DRAM (and clocks) for the appropriate parts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Palladium posted:

Pre 2000 era PCs were already slow for their time because most of them were installed with too little RAM to start with.

Also (regardless of bandwidth) everything was single channel and integrated memory controllers were still a few years off.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Iris Pro was cool when it came out but since that time dedicated graphics has been steadily improving in performance/watt to the point that it only seems remotely relevant in the mobile space and even now Maxwell is just starting to hit it there too. If only they'd put Iris Pro in something that ISN'T a quad core, 8 thread expensive beast.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Alereon posted:

Remember that Iris Pro comes with 64/128MB of L4 cache which can have a more general impact on performance. There also are Iris Pro Core i5s.

In hindsight, I was focusing purely on the graphics capabilities of Iris Pro since it was marketed so heavily as some sort of "this is where dGPUs start to die off," but so many months on that notion seems laughable.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
That it may be but...aren't the only other 14nm chips in the mobile space? I mean thats not alot to go on...