Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.
I ordered an ASUS P8P67 Pro from Newegg on Sunday, but apparently they halted the shipment or something because of this design flaw. That's pretty nice of them.

Then again, it looks like the new designs won't be in the market until March. :negative:

E: Nevermind, it was just a UPS tracking bug.

Lediur fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lediur
Jul 16, 2007
The alternative to anything is nothing.

Ogre Choker posted:

70c at full load using a stress test is normal for the stock heatsink. If you want to overclock, buy an aftermarket

http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-review/7

Yeah that's a Core 2 Quad, but it hits 90c when put under a stress test. Honestly the stock heatsinks are only there to keep your CPU from melting at 100% -- not to keep it ice cold.

Unless you're dead set on running at stock there's really no excuse to not go and buy a decent heatsink for ~$20.

I have a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and my temps are:

Add 10 or so degrees for inaccuracy. Posting Realtemp temps in a bit.

Lediur fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 16, 2011