Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

too much of a value for Intel to allow to happen :tinfoil:

The unwashed masses weren't the only ones that learned from the Celeron 300A many, many moons ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Everything from actual technical reasons and decisions to delicious office politics is what I've heard, the later probably enabling and exacerbating the former

We'll probably never know for sure unless someone inside Intel leaks a post mortem analysis - Assuming management even calls for one. Wasn't Intel's CEO banging cock speeding subordinates and making shady stock deals during 10nm development? lovely management attitudes and practices usually trickle down from the top so if that was going on in the C suite who knows what sort of wankery has infected the various layers of middle management. Probably stuff like:

ratbert90 posted:

Management never EVER wants to eat vegetables. I assume the 10nm cluster went something like this:

Engineer: Hey boss, this isn't going to work, we need to scrap this and start over, it will take a year to fix.

Management: LOL no. Let's fix what we have instead of scrapping and rebuilding.

5 years later it's still not fixed.

Fin.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the market is definitely dumb, it's literally a reactive graph of rich people feelings about things they barely grasp.

Just quoting this because it so wonderfully and simply dilutes how the stock market works into a single sentence.

2500K gets to go to the same Valhalla that Celeron 300A is sitting around in.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

Marketing materials say "collect every one!", only Hawkeye is actually produced.

Oh man, Intel missed the boat to maximize the potential synergy of this marketing opportunity by a year. Imagine if you could get that Hawkeye shroud and exclusive access to Jeremy Renner's dad rock band music videos via his app!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

I miss the Jeremy Renner app. Man what a weird couple of days that was. I just love everything about that moment. The weirdo idiot old man arrogance that leads a middle aged character actor to make an app about himself. The lack of internet savvy over what would happen. The developer that was like “yeah we can make a Jeremy Renner app”. Those were salad days

His generic dad rock band also penned the ballad for the Jeep Compass marketing campaign in 2019 around the same time as his app. FCA felt the pairing was perfect but not for the reasons they thought: You could either go full Metallica and a Jeep Wrangler, or go full Coldplay and a Dodge Journey, or you could go Jeremy Renner and a Jeep Compass and be a watery mixing of both ends of the spectrum that isn't utilitarian or stylistic and is just the worst of all worlds tossed in a bucket to fill what marketing believed was a "hole" in the product line.

I dunno if his plan was to make himself a "brand" or something but it's failure is really funny to look at.

To keep things on topic, uh...hmm... So how about that Intel FX430 Triton chipset? EDO RAM? Yes please!

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

If you are human how do you even get into marketing and feel good about existence?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

PCjr sidecar posted:

Try to find the right usb c cable is already a nightmare (oh for this monitor you need 10 gbit support with dp alt mode and 2.1, but you don’t need to spend twice as much for tb3.)

lol DisplayPort and HDMI cables that don't suck rear end and randomly stop working is an unsettled issue. USB cables are already a fun subsection of that hell and now it's gonna get worse?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Gamers Nexus Steve gets really energetic and animated when he's about to rip into something. It's very fun to watch.

Watching Tech Jesus flip over vendor's tables in the hardware review temple is always great.

Intel CPU and Platform Chat: Sorry our performance is in another process node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Slocket! Hell yeah, the worst of both worlds!