Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

DrDork posted:

Those 2500k's are some of the most crazy "how the gently caress is this still viable?" pieces of hardware I've seen in a long, long time. As has been said more than once, I think the new consoles will finally put the nail in their coffin, but drat, it's been a good 9 year run.
Yeah I slapped a 1080 in and can run stuff like RE3 at 75 FPS maxed and MHW at 50-60FPS, both games that have had pc releases in 2020. It's pretty insane how more likely it is that my now ancient PSU will burn my house down before the 2500k ever loses 100% relevancy. Going to have to get a 3700x build or something for Cyberpunk and all those CPU heavy games I've been avoiding though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU