Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Can't wait to see Francois tweet through this one. He already used the "disrespecting the hard work of intel engineers" so I am curious where he goes this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

can't wait for that to fail a month after the board's warranty ends

as far as I can tell it doesn't actually serve any functional purpose, it's just a complication like a wristwatch has. if it breaks you just don't get to see it spin around and stuff. probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

i think it's kind of a hilarious and cool gimmick

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

someone in the anandtech thread suggested that they power it with waste heat and how has nobody done this yet

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Shipon posted:

i get why they don't do it but if they just labelled by transistor density it would make so much more sense

would require everyone's brain shifting from smaller number = better to bigger number = better, which is why i bet they don't do it.

BurritoJustice posted:

"Pfft, TSMC 91.20 MTr/mm2 has nothing on Intel 100.76 MTr/mm2, AMD is screwed this gen"

you'd just call it like 101 or 45 or whatever

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cygni posted:

https://twitter.com/videocardz/status/1452969756412284943

That actually… is cool? Looks like it’s above the slot so should be actually reachable.

are people swapping graphics cards a lot?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

hopefully MBAs who are learning for the first time that new products cost money to make don't do anything too stupid in response to this

probably the more concerning piece is huge revenue decreases in key segments, particularly client computing

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

track day bro! posted:

If I could get something for like 100 quid that was reliable and that would fit into this stupid matx case. Rather than spending like 500 on cpu/board/case then I dunno.

Is your case that weird? mATX is standard and there are ton of new platform mATX motherboards. You could keep the case.

At least at one point here in the US MicroCenter was running a mobo+3600 combo for like $129. Obviously that doesn't apply to the UK but I bet you could get CPU and mobo for cheap if you look around for 12th gen intel or AM4 stuff.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Also, what happens when your relationship with a foreign government changes and you can no longer source defense-critical materials? You don't need to be at war with someone to restrict their access to sensitive components.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Put the PC in a backpack and the radiator on a bandolier type strap across the chest.