Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

Malcolm XML posted:

Still interested in that one asrock itx board but I have been burned by asrock Wi-Fi breaking on win10

The threadripper socket is too huge to fit on itx methinks

I unironically want to move to X299 just so that I can use that ridiculous board in my Ncase. I've had a really good experience with my x170 asrock ITX board.

But yeah I imagine threadripper would be near impossible since the x299 board is already pushing tons of randoms tuff onto little risers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Well now at least there's a good reason for some sexy monoblocks.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

What do they think that second fan is really going to be doing for them?

either fan alone wouldn't really push the same amount of air through both separated heat sinks, I wouldn't think

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
I would not replace my z170 board to get a hexcore but if I could put one in it I probably would.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Will that even clean up? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Just drop intel wlan cards into dell products. I did it immediately when I managed to coupon stack a XPS 13 9350 down to like $500 shipped on their refurb outlet before they changed how they do sales there.