Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I haven't seen anyone discuss this yet here:

Intel to exit the desktop motherboard business

Honestly, this blows. Intel boards have always been rock-solid reliable for me*, and I just built my brother a new computer with one. They (usually) had motherboards with the most sensical/least retarded distribution of PCIe ports on the board. Also, they tended to be first to kick legacy poo poo off of their boards (though PS/2 seems to be hanging on a while longer, depending on the board). Most importantly (to me), it enabled access to an Intel network interface without too significant a price premium. </anecdote>

* Okay, my DG965WH has an eccentric issue in that the computer will regularly BSOD in Windows XP if it's using onboard video and there's no card in the PCI-E x16 slot, even if idle, but that's such an edge case that's irrelevant to me since Intel onboard video before HD3000 sucks anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Straker posted:

Those are good enough CPUs too. I wish there were something worth upgrading to, I'm getting like... bored of my Z68 pro and 2500K, almost three years now and there's nothing meaningful to upgrade to. I want more Intel SATA ports and more cores for less than four figures :(
I would just be happy with more SATA6.0 ports if it weren't for the fact that add-in SATA cards are either absolute garbage, overpriced to hell, or both. (2500K/P67 here)

edit: I should have mentioned I'm in Japan so my options are limited to what I can pick up in Nipponbashi

Navaash fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 23, 2014

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, Intel's Israeli factory really saved their asses with Banias, Dothan, and Yonah.

I can't wait for the Nier design

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Paul MaudDib posted:

maybe the CEO owned the real estate company or something and was using that to bleed fry's.

The bolded part is true, they owned the real estate on all of their properties, anyway.

Speaking of major metros that have never had a Micro Center, Seattle/Tacoma certainly qualifies. Now that Fry's is gone, there's gotta be some kind of clamoring for it here.