Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
I won an 8086k and I don't know what I want to do. About 6 months ago I built a 1600x and paired it with a 1070. I've got a 60hz monitor.

I'm thinking either: buy a new motherboard, and enjoy some moderately improved performance OR

Sell it and buy a 144hz G-Sync monitor.

What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal

redeyes posted:

Probably do this: https://www.amd.com/en/campaigns/threadripper-exchange

And of course you will need a new TR mobo for that.
I considered that, but then I'd just turn around and sell the threadripper. Also, AMD are only doing this for the first 40 customers.

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal
Has anybody received their 8086k from the contest, yet?

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

Toilet Rascal

B-Mac posted:

Some posts on Reddit claimed Th company said they would ship them in October but maybe that has changed.
That's my understanding, too. I'm just kind of hoping that they speed up the process a bit and get them out sooner.