Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

Ryokurin posted:

I'm interested in Sandy Bridge, but I'm more interested in Zacate as it's benching faster than a i5m chip. It's giving me hope that Llano will be nice hardware.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3920/amd-benchmarks-zacate-apu-2x-faster-gpu-performance-than-core-i5

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3933/amds-zacate-apu-performance-update

I still think that at least for next year, most of us are still going to want discrete cards, so what I'm shopping for is for HTPCs, which sandy bridge may be a little bit overkill for. if Zacate can handle 1080i without the need for a discrete card I will be overjoyed. I have to ignore all the atoms or most onboard solutions nowadays because no one cares about 1080i.

I'm extremely interested in Zacate as well. I think Zacate is going to takeover the mobile and HTPC dept and may become the standard for cheap, low power, low profile desktops as well. Nothing can compete with it at 18W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

WhyteRyce posted:

The 300As had a near guaranteed overclock to 450. The 366s had a higher multiplier which meant it had to go to 550 if you wanted a FSB of 100mhz, but the success rate of getting those to 550 were much lower than getting the 300s to 450.

I had a 366 which didn't hit 550 so I had to settle for 450 at some funky FSB :(

I hit 550 :). The last great celeron processor. The only low budget processor that out performed the flagship CPU due to on-dye level 1 cache. The prelude to the coppermine.

Medikit
Dec 31, 2002

que lástima

fishmech posted:

AMD can't make decent mobile chips to save their lives, that's why Intel dominates.

The new fusion mobile chip is a monster. Read the most recent articles regarding Zacate or Brazos.