Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist
Are we going to see the quad-core mobile chips with "Iris pro" graphics in 14/15 inch ultrabooks or are they going to only end up in desktop replacements and mobile workstations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

PCjr sidecar posted:

To be fair, 90 manometers is a lot of dudes.

Think of how much pressure you could measure with 90 manometers.

Also:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=90+nanometers%2Fdiameter+of+a+silicon+atom
At 22nm you're already talking less than 100 germanium atoms : http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=22+nanometers%2Fdiameter+of+a+germanium+atom

Naffer fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 18, 2013

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

SRQ posted:

Oh man, a 486 based smart watch.
486 toaster.

If you get the 486SX version it's not as good at bagels.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

chizad posted:

Either my google-fu is failing me or what I'm looking for is hard to find....Any suggestions on where to look for benchmarks/reviews of the Haswell ULT SKUs (specifically the i5-4300u and i7-4600u)? I'm looking at getting a T440s as a new work notebook and those are the two CPU options, so I'm trying to get an idea of if the i7 is worth the extra cost.

The closest thing I've been able to find is this Sony VAIO Pro 13 review on Anandtech. The VAIO Pro has an i5-4200U, and one of the machines it's compared against is an Acer with the i7-4500U. However, the Acer also has a discrete GT750M GPU and the review is mostly gaming/synthetic 3D benchmarks, so it doesn't really give a clear picture.

You can get a good idea by just looking at their base and turbo frequencies on ARK.
The i5-4300 is ALMOST as fast as the i7-4500. The i7-4600 should be somewhere between zero and 10% faster than the i7-4500.

Naffer
Oct 26, 2004

Not a good chemist

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm hoping Microsoft adds bluray support to windows media center in windows 10 or something, they might as well since they've already started charging extra for it. Not holding my breath though.

I'm almost completely certain that this won't happen. They are charging extra for it because they don't want to eat the MPEG2 license fee for every install anymore, not because it's a premium product or anything like that. All that changed with MCE from W7 to W8 was that they removed some compatibility features. I expect MCE will be either gone from new versions of Windows within a year or two.