Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
What's the word on the street regarding the release of budget Haswell chips? How long does Intel typically take to release budget chips after they release their flagship lineup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

The French Army! posted:

Put together a cheapo desktop with a Celeron G1610. The slowest in the whole Ivy Bridge line. And you know what? It isn't really that slow at all! This thing packs a punch for $42 shipped.

I recently put together a budget Ivy build as well. What motherboard did you end up pairing with it? I put a G2020 on a H61 motherboard and it runs spectacularly well.

Woodsy Owl fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 2, 2013

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Is there any word on when or if a budget chipset solution is being released for the 1150 platform?

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Alereon posted:

Intel has released a driver update that enables Quick Sync transcoding Pentium and Celeron processors with Intel HD graphics. Previously the cut-off was the Core i3, which now makes lower-end processors MUCH more attractive versus AMD's offerings.

This applies to my G2020! Thanks so much for the heads up man!

edit: I can't get it installed, installation keeps failing for god knows why.

Woodsy Owl fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 2, 2014

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Ignoarints posted:

Does anybody know if any Windows program I use to view cpu input voltage? I'm not sure my bios is applying the changes to that I'm making. I'm getting strangeness during overclocking and I just noticed that it saves my settings (say I put in 2.0v) but on the left it says what it used to be (1.8v). That's not unusual for any other setting until I restart then it updates that left figure. It never does so for the CPU input voltage (vrin)

Also preferably one that showed cache multiplier as well, since Intel Extreme Tuning tells me that but says its at 40x, when its manually set to 34 in BIOS and turbo is disabled... if it were 40, it could account for some more weirdness

CPU-Z will show you chip voltage and also the clock multiplier. It will also update these as the clock rate changes due to the power-saving throttling features. The interface is super-intuitive to navigate. It's super light-weight and non-intrusive software too. It's a definite

Here, I took a screenshot of CPU-Z for you so you can see what all information is given.

Hope this helps!